chickenmomma1108

Chirping
Aug 23, 2023
Nebraska
Hello BYC, thought I'd finally drop in and say "hello".

1. Yes, I'm new to raising chickens (got our first flock members in March of 2022), but old to raising chickens since my family & I did when I was a kid like 20 years ago.
2. We (husband & I) have 20 chickens right now. 2 roosters & 18 hens.
3. Chicken breeds we have: Barred Plymouth Rock, Black Australorp, Buff Brahma, Buff Plymouth Rock, Calico Princess, California White, Lavender Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Sapphire Gem.
4. Favorite aspects of backyard chickens is learning how smart each chicken is & seeing the different personalities/flock dynamics. Also, getting to see a hen lay an egg is quite amazing! I like to give them their privacy, but have happened to see and hear some of our hens lay. And the chicken therapy we get just seeing them grow up 🙂
5. My other hobbies: gardening, crochet, knitting, sewing, house work 😁
6. My husband and I are both enjoying raising our flock right now - no other pets. We both have IT (Information Technology) jobs, so the chickens get us involved outdoors (whether or not weather is nice)!
7. Bonus: Pretty sure I found BYC when searching for some advice on sexing our new chicks? That would mean I found the site around March of 2022 and I figured I would join the BYC community to be able to reach out and ask a question or get some advice (hopefully not an emergency thing).

Thank you @BY Bob for sharing "Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock" - have that bookmarked to read when I have time.

chickenmomma1108 - Elizabeth

our newest gals from March 2023 in the collage pictures here 😭 they grew up so quick!
entire flock summer of 2023 (minus someone RIR? in nesting box laying and our Buff Orpington pullet - we lost her in the fall)

Attachments

• chicks1.jpg
    chicks1.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 29
  • chicks2.jpg
    chicks2.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 2
  • chicks3.jpg
    chicks3.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 6
  • flock summer 2023.jpg
    flock summer 2023.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 6
Hello BYC, thought I'd finally drop in and say "hello".

1. Yes, I'm new to raising chickens (got our first flock members in March of 2022), but old to raising chickens since my family & I did when I was a kid like 20 years ago.
2. We (husband & I) have 20 chickens right now. 2 roosters & 18 hens.
3. Chicken breeds we have: Barred Plymouth Rock, Black Australorp, Buff Brahma, Buff Plymouth Rock, Calico Princess, California White, Lavender Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Sapphire Gem.
4. Favorite aspects of backyard chickens is learning how smart each chicken is & seeing the different personalities/flock dynamics. Also, getting to see a hen lay an egg is quite amazing! I like to give them their privacy, but have happened to see and hear some of our hens lay. And the chicken therapy we get just seeing them grow up 🙂
5. My other hobbies: gardening, crochet, knitting, sewing, house work 😁
6. My husband and I are both enjoying raising our flock right now - no other pets. We both have IT (Information Technology) jobs, so the chickens get us involved outdoors (whether or not weather is nice)!
7. Bonus: Pretty sure I found BYC when searching for some advice on sexing our new chicks? That would mean I found the site around March of 2022 and I figured I would join the BYC community to be able to reach out and ask a question or get some advice (hopefully not an emergency thing).

Thank you @BY Bob for sharing "Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock" - have that bookmarked to read when I have time.

chickenmomma1108 - Elizabeth

our newest gals from March 2023 in the collage pictures here 😭 they grew up so quick!
entire flock summer of 2023 (minus someone RIR? in nesting box laying and our Buff Orpington pullet - we lost her in the fall)
Look how wonderful they have grown up! They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Back
Top Bottom