We are just North of Godley, well West of Crowley. Just got into chickens, and I'm looking for 4-5 females ready to lay, if anyone has ideas or chickens to sell.

We are just North of Godley, well West of Crowley. Just got into chickens, and I'm looking for 4-5 females ready to lay, if anyone has ideas or chickens to sell.
Welcome to BYC. Make sure to post on the Texas thread also. This North Texas thread I started, gets few post or followers. Unfortunately I don’t have any pullets for sale at this time. I would check your local feed store, there maybe a bulletin board where people can leave announcements, like having livestock for sell. I recently found a breeder in North Texas on Craig’s list that is hatching out some Isbar chicks for me. I don’t know if they sell pullets. @TexasSam do you know anyone?

Welcome to BYC. Make sure to post on the Texas thread also. This North Texas thread I started, gets few post or followers. Unfortunately I don’t have any pullets for sale at this time. I would check your local feed store, there maybe a bulletin board where people can leave announcements, like having livestock for sell. I recently found a breeder in North Texas on Craig’s list that is hatching out some Isbar chicks for me. I don’t know if they sell pullets. @TexasSam do you know anyone?
I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

#1 I do #2 @dasjman what kind of chickens are you looking for?

#1 I do #2 @dasjman what kind of chickens are you looking for?
Any laying hens well suited for our summers would work. They're primarily going to be pets, but we do love fresh eggs. Our neighbors have about 12, and sometimes they come visit, so we sort of got the fever that way.

To add, we don't have the set up for chicks, which is why I'm looking for coop ready.

Last edited:
Any laying hens well suited for our summers would work. They're primarily going to be pets, but we do love fresh eggs. Our neighbors have about 12, and sometimes they come visit, so we sort of got the fever that way.

To add, we don't have the set up for chicks, which is why I'm looking for coop ready.
If I can advise you please don’t buy a store bought already made coop. Build your own or have someone build one for you. The already made ones are cheaply made and don’t hold the amount of chickens they claim they do

I have layers when you are ready if you are interested

If I can advise you please don’t buy a store bought already made coop. Build your own or have someone build one for you. The already made ones are cheaply made and don’t hold the amount of chickens they claim they do

Our neighbors just got a new coop for their flock, and are letting us use the one they replaced while we build. It's in good shape, but they outgrew it. It's got plenty of room for the four birds we will be acquiring.

Back
Top Bottom