Nuture Right 360- Shoe String Method

Pics
Thanks for all the information! I am hatching ducklings next. During that time we are going to be gone for about 36 hrs. I will have someone stop by to check on my other animals but she won't be able to keep checking on the incubator. So I was looking into this method so hopefully I wont have to worry about them for that day or so.

This is my 2nd or 3rd try doing this with the last hatch.

Thanks for all the information! I am hatching ducklings next. During that time we are going to be gone for about 36 hrs. I will have someone stop by to check on my other animals but she won't be able to keep checking on the incubator. So I was looking into this method so hopefully I wont have to worry about them for that day or so.
Set up a test now so you can be sure when the time comes.

Today I am starting the shoestring method with Celadon Coturnix Quail eggs. I have 10 eggs in the incubator so we will see how it goes. I am once again using the polyester shoestring in this test. The last time I used a cotton shoes string several of my chicks developed crossbeak. While when I used the polyester shoestring from the same parent stock I had no crossbeaks.

Attachments

• 20240426_180525.jpg
    20240426_180525.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240426_180506.jpg
    20240426_180506.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 0
Today I am starting the shoestring method with Celadon Coturnix Quail eggs. I have 10 eggs in the incubator so we will see how it goes. I am once again using the polyester shoestring in this test. The last time I used a cotton shoes string several of my chicks developed crossbeak. While when I used the polyester shoestring from the same parent stock I had no crossbeaks.
hmmmm that is interesting. I am not sure what my shoestring was that I used but I only used it for about a week so hopefully it doesnt' cause any issues

The polyester yarn is pulling much too fast. An hour or two before the reservoir overflows. If the water level in the bottle is more than two inches below the lip of the bottle it doesn't pull at all. I need to try a different material.

What kind of difference does the pickle jar make?

The polyester yarn is pulling much too fast. An hour or two before the reservoir overflows. If the water level in the bottle is more than two inches below the lip of the bottle it doesn't pull at all. I need to try a different material.

What kind of difference does the pickle jar make?

The pickle jar was just so I didn't have to refill the water bottle or canning jar every few days.

Back
Top Bottom