NY chicken lover!!!!

I can not believe you let them out in the snow. Good garden o' peas! Where are their coats and boots? They're going to freeze to death. Don't you have heat in their coop where they can stay warm?
lau.gif
Um...no. I want to get them chicken size snow shovels so they can at least help shovel out their run instead of getting under foot! If I find them building little fires inside their coop, I am blaming you!

I've only seen Pekins and blue/black swedes in the store.

Anyone have BLRW's, I'm looking for a hen or two (or hatching eggs!), my boyfriend has decided he really likes the breed and told me to get a hen or two!!
woot.gif

I got Mallard at TS a couple years ago. (BTW if they fly away, they don't always make it back to where they were raised) My local TS just gets one breed of ducklings and only like once, maybe twice, so if you miss it, you miss it.

Do you have an Agway close? I think you can preorder what you want at Agway.

I got Mallard at TS a couple years ago.  (BTW if they fly away, they don't always make it back to where they were raised)    My local TS just gets one breed of ducklings and only like once, maybe twice, so if you miss it, you miss it.

Do you have an Agway close?   I think  you can preorder what you want at Agway.

Not that I know of, my local feed store can get a breed that I want but I'm not looking to go out of my way. I don't NEED more ducks I was just curious if they stay true to their breeds listed online.

got done shoveling my looooooooong driveway.. work made us come in today even though the patients all stayed home. My coops all look crappy (literally) because of the birds tracking in snow and wetting everything down and my TS was out of shavings.. I just need a nap!! =)

Evening all. I braved the roads and made it to work today. I like where I work - they actually put out a bunch of soup and crackers for everyone that made it in as a thank you, so my dinner was some delicious tomato soup with common crackers. The chickens refused to come out of the coop today, and I bet they won't come out tomorrow till I shovel, spoiled things. I guess I don't blame them though, we got so much snow it's almost as tall as they are!

That's what DW made. Except we also had tuna sandwiches and oyster crackers. I had Nutella dip things for dessert. I've never had Nutella. I read the ingredients. It's like liquid candy bar. Good buy not nutritious.

I've only seen Pekins and blue/black swedes in the store.

Anyone have BLRW's, I'm looking for a hen or two (or hatching eggs!), my boyfriend has decided he really likes the breed and told me to get a hen or two!!
woot.gif

I've never seen Swedes. They must not get the same thing at all the stores. Last year I was offered ducks for half price, but I just couldn't do it.

I got Mallard at TS a couple years ago. (BTW if they fly away, they don't always make it back to where they were raised) My local TS just gets one breed of ducklings and only like once, maybe twice, so if you miss it, you miss it.

Do you have an Agway close? I think you can preorder what you want at Agway.
You can preorder at CM too,, but I'm not sure about ducks. Plus their more expensive than TSC.

Thought that the last two eggs were goners, haven't heard a peep from them and the others hatched Monday. First one egg was clearly dead, grabbed the second one out of the carton and there was a beak. It's upside down though. I removed some shell on impulse which in hindsight was probably a bad idea.. The egg was a little dry so I wet it down and filled the water up at the bottom of the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom