Investigating Obnoxious app ads?!

SavKel&RynKel

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 16, 2018
FoCo, Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
Hey hey, hopefully I'm putting this in the right place, this is my first issue at BYC so i read the FAQ and i think I'm good, but here it goes...

So starting yesterday, i was surfing the BYC app (I have an LG charge, I'll try to find my tablet tonight to verify it's not just this device) and I'm getting ads.*Now i have no problem with ads, but these are terrible. The most recent one was about a sentence ago, as I'm going along typing my issue, angry birds pops up to tell me it's their birrday. (Congrats?)* well, here is a screenshot of the ad in question, the only ad, that ever shows... Screenshot_2018-04-23-12-02-23.png
So again, just an ad right? Well... It doesn't come with a close button?! And if i press back... It reloads. So, i have to double press back. Sending me sometimes back behind the thread I was reading or responding to (thank you for saved drafts...seriously)

So does anyone else have this issue?
Is there anything i can do to i dunno, change this? (Besides a premium membership of course, i realize that would solve my problem, but not actually fix anything)

Thanks for the report and the screenshot and details!!! :thumbsup

We definitely HATE those ads too and try to keep them off BYC... but they sneak in through our partner ad networks (like Google) and it's like a game of whack-a-mole trying to find and destroy them all.

@SavKel could you jump out of the app and try using the site in your regular mobile browser and see if you have the same ads / problems?

Thanks for the report and the screenshot and details!!! :thumbsup

We definitely HATE those ads too and try to keep them off BYC... but they sneak in through our partner ad networks (like Google) and it's like a game of whack-a-mole trying to find and destroy them all.

@SavKel could you jump out of the app and try using the site in your regular mobile browser and see if you have the same ads / problems?
I'll try. It's odd because it's hit or miss. I got "attacked" a few times before writing the post, and nothing for the past hour... Will switch and see.

Okay, so for four hours (on and off, but I'm not feeling productive today so more on than off) I've surfed byc on my google chrome. I walked to the food court for dinner and while eating i opened the app. I didn't even realize i did it until angry birds got me again.. So,
Seems like the app is the culprit, not the mobile browser.

Edit: tried to rotate my phone and see... Angry birds takes over on both portrait and landscape mode.
Also, not that I'm hating on browser mode, but the app is very adaptable to my phone settings, so kudos to the design team for that!
The browser isn't bad, but when someone replies, the page loads, then jumps to the specific post when I've scrolled halfway there. Just have to teach myself some patience.

I'm getting the same thing angry birds along with a walmart. Non stop today on byc. Yup, whack-a-mole Nifty, get OFF MY PHONE! Lol.
I tried restarting my phone even.
It actually popped up when I started typing this lol.
Maybe SavKel, you gave byc and all of us a virus?:lol:
Screenshot_20180423-202023.png

Back
Top Bottom