October 12th Hatchdate Hatchalong🐣🎃🐣

konachicks

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Oceanview Hawaii (Big Island)
Aloha from the Big Island of Hawai’i !
I started 34 eggs yesterday between my Nurture Right 360 and my Kebonnixs .
My Kebonnixs is all gorgeous BCM eggs and my 360 is a mix of BCM, Prairie Bluebell eggers and a barnyard mix (shown in pic of nine eggs in box) so those will be my surprise babies as all I recognize is an olive egger . A lot of these were shipped so I’m praying when I candle Oct 1st there will be lots of viable eggs

Attachments

• CFD53787-F1C0-4A7A-B79E-1DF6CFF889FC.jpeg
    CFD53787-F1C0-4A7A-B79E-1DF6CFF889FC.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 19
  • B5C7AE9B-736B-432B-BC98-21C8BA9E1116.jpeg
    B5C7AE9B-736B-432B-BC98-21C8BA9E1116.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 777F20DC-93EE-486E-BEA8-62D7E9FB4BA8.jpeg
    777F20DC-93EE-486E-BEA8-62D7E9FB4BA8.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 80D95B8B-1AFD-4A26-ACB6-950E64AB9AEB.jpeg
    80D95B8B-1AFD-4A26-ACB6-950E64AB9AEB.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 4
Aloha from the Big Island of Hawai’i !
I started 34 eggs yesterday between my Nurture Right 360 and my Kebonnixs .
My Kebonnixs is all gorgeous BCM eggs and my 360 is a mix of BCM, Prairie Bluebell eggers and a barnyard mix (shown in pic of nine eggs in box) so those will be my surprise babies as all I recognize is an olive egger . A lot of these were shipped so I’m praying when I candle Oct 1st there will be lots of viable eggs
Aloha fellow Big Islander!🌺
Gorgeous eggs! The Marans are really dark.😍
I have shipped eggs coming too. It’s a long trip to Hawaii.
Wishing you best of luck for a successful hatch.😊

Aloha fellow Big Islander!🌺
Gorgeous eggs! The Marans are really dark.😍
I have shipped eggs coming too. It’s a long trip to Hawaii.
Wishing you best of luck for a successful hatch.😊
So cool! Nice to see another big island crazy chicken lady!! It sure is a long trip! What kine you have coming . And the dark Marans were the last I got in and about cried over their gorgeous color lol

So cool! Nice to see another big island crazy chicken lady!! It sure is a long trip! What kine you have coming . And the dark Marans were the last I got in and about cried over their gorgeous color lol
Crazy Chicken Lady for sure!🤣
I have Silkie eggs expected to arrive tomorrow.😃
I breed them and am looking to add new bloodlines to my flock.
I have one BCM hen from Paradise Poultry, bought as a started pullet. She lays HUGE eggs, but not as dark as yours.😊

Crazy Chicken Lady for sure!🤣
I have Silkie eggs expected to arrive tomorrow.😃
I breed them and am looking to add new bloodlines to my flock.
I have one BCM hen from Paradise Poultry, bought as a started pullet. She lays HUGE eggs, but not as dark as yours.😊
I had ordered silkies without knowing about the NPIP certification and they were sent back. I was so bummed as my kids really wanted a couple silkies! I was going to order some eggs last minute but my husband was already side eyeing me about the number of eggs I have lol

Today makes 11 days left and out of 40 eggs starting with we are down to 29
All 8 of my darkest BCM seem to have growth (of course super hard to candle these)
5 Prairie bluebell eggers left
6 of my mystery eggs (but one is kinda off looking so I’m keeping an eye one it
7 Bielefelder
And 3 of the other/lighter BCM

So we shall see! I moved the Bielefelder from the small incubator to big so the dark BCM can stay in there alone so I don’t mix them up with the others

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 2
Ok 8 days left and we are down to 24 so I lost 10 from original amount I started. They all flew from far off states to Hawai’i so I was expecting losing some.
I was going to wait to incubate again but had the opportunity to get some Opal Legbars, crème legbars and Isbars and since I had no darker blue layers I caved lol so I think I have 6 of each coming right after these babies are done . One more week I’m so excited!!

Ok 8 days left and we are down to 24 so I lost 10 from original amount I started. They all flew from far off states to Hawai’i so I was expecting losing some.
I was going to wait to incubate again but had the opportunity to get some Opal Legbars, crème legbars and Isbars and since I had no darker blue layers I caved lol so I think I have 6 of each coming right after these babies are done . One more week I’m so excited!!
Excellent results so far for shipped eggs.😊
I am down to 9 eggs out of 16 on DAY 10.
Fingers crossed some hatch for you.
Good luck with the Legbars and isbars, too.
If the eggs arrive in time you can join the Halloween hatch-Along, it is fun.😊

Back
Top Bottom