I also see them scratching and rubbing a lot, any thoughts?
I noticed that on pigs before. Even the wild Javalina around here, like to have spots where they scratch. Depending on what they were eating, might need a little more fat in their diet. The dry kibble and other feed is pretty low on fats. We had a pig raised by a friend for us, since our lot did not allow pigs. We took them all our scraps when we went there, I had a frozen milk jug or 2, and the used olive oil I fry salmon in, over the pig chow. They grew very fast! But they were Yorkshire mixes, not that much experience with pot bellied pigs. (Just the pets I knew for a week).

We're a bunch of off-topic, sometimes vulgar, always loveable, usually coop-fashion-challenged, unanimously weirdo, Crazy Chicken People. Pretty much.

Eh.... The birds didn't mind this morning when I went out there in Christmas jammie bottoms, neon orange shirt, purple coat and winter boots with no socks......oh and I had not even brushed my hair yet.

I love my birds! They don't judge!!

@rjohns39 I think it is normal for pigs to scratch as lot. Since they are new to you it wouldn't hurt to keep a watch to see if they have any odd skin patches. The diet they were on may have left them with dry skin too.
And by the by.......AWWW baby piggies.

Last edited:
Grr.... I need to send some roosters to freezer camp.

I have 6 roosters in my bachelor pad. 4, 7 month roosters (two Delaware and two New Hampshire) and two 6 month old leghorn mutt roosters. The white leghorn mutt is beating up on the New Hampshire I want to keep. I had to put him in a time out cage for the last 2 hours of the day. But we are leaving tomorrow and I'll be busy ALL day tomorrow working and getting ready to leave for the long weekend. Hopefully the the pecking order settles a bit because I won't have time to slaughter until next weekend. GRRRRRR stupid roosters. There are no hens for you to fight over, why do you have to be jerks.

Back
Top Bottom