I'm taking a break from sanding the boards, okay? That's why I liked some of these comments. :cool:

@Jessica Thompson ... you're sporting a very odd looking hat in your avatar. Care to tell us where you had it made? You could probably wear it at a high society event in England!

I have a mulch field, folks. And I really LOVE it. It's an area where I offload wheel barrows full of leaves and other smalls (I get that word from American Pickers) that I don't want to burn. Smalls create lots of white smoke and contribute to local air pollution, but understandably people burn them all the time. For me, though, it's perfect for making mulch and new soil.

Anyhoo, break over. Back to sanding before it starts raining moose again.

Every time I would kneel down one of the chicks would fly up to my head or shoulders and perch while I cleaned. I'd often have to call my husband to come de-chicken me so I could get up.

They're almost eight months old and one or two are still fond of doing this. The hens are a lot heavier these days and they have long sharp claws. But once they settle in and roost on my shoulder or back it's kind of warm and cozy.

But the last time I had a perched hen on my back, I turned my head to look at something and my peripheral vision caught a blurry look at a poised beak and I turned my head back just in time and got beaked on the side of my face. That was a close call. I think she was after my eyelashes.

I think goggles should be worn around beaked creatures at all times.

My Mollucan cockatoo was sitting on my shoulder and bit my ear a good one. Now i can't wear an earring on that side because the hole healed over!
I'm back! Out sick yesterday... Mild respitory infection, sinus infection, and a migraine... But I'm up and kicking today! A while ago, I hatched some black australorps. It was my first time hatching, and only three out of sixteen hatched. two of those three died, so the last one was pretty cuddly until we could get more chicks.(He also turned out to be a rooster... an amazing rooster, but we're in a neighborhood...) He loved sitting in my moms hair, and my mom loved it too... Until he declared war on her eye...
@CapricornFarm, yikes! I got my ears peairced 4 1/2 weeks ago, and they're achy... Not letting the chickens near them now! I forget who did that post, but that's really interesting about the kits! They cost less than it cost for me to get my first lobe piercings! I'd like too get a set of cartilage piercings, too... I know what I want for Christmas now... :)

I feel guilty admitting we are warm enough to open the windows.

It is hard to NOT dig into banana bread. :D
Nothing wrong with making sure it is tasty!

Geesh Smuv just 16 pages?

Well I best get going. Apparently I am supposed to attend Hubby's luncheon at work.

Totally not into crowds of any size. :hmm
Windows are all open down here today.
It feels so nice out.

Back
Top Bottom