Did i show you Charlie in his new sweater? My memory sucks.:(
20180108_123134.jpg

Unfortunately it can. My father has Marek’s in his flock. We KNOW it wasn’t because he bought an infected bird. We always buy chicks together from the same source and every chick he has ever raised was brooded at my house and (knock on wood) so far my property is disease free. But wild birds can carry Marek’s and that is most likely what happened to my Dad. Once it is on the property it stays. It can live years without a host.

BUT @Sassysouth having Marek’s doesn’t mean giving up on chicken keeping! (dad still has a flock going strong and laying up a storm!). And it is such a weird unpredictable disease that I would really not recommending culling birds unless they show clear symptoms.

And Sassy, :hugs:hugs:hugs
I am so sorry for your loss. But please don’t give up hope on the rest of them
I agree. And there is no harm in eating their eggs. So don't worry about that!

Sorry for everyone’s losses. It’s never easy. Then you get all worried about everyone else.

Welcome @MrsMistyReal. We are a crazy bunch but the best people are. Jump in both feet and go with it. Hope the hubby gets to feeling better.

Got to 21* in the coop yesterday and 32* today. Made inside and outside temp comparable so I shut the heat lamp off. This heat wave is supposed to get into the low 50’s by the end of the week. I’d like some of this snow to melt but not looking forward to the mud hole that will follow.
Thank you I your feathered family member is feeling better :hugs

Back
Top Bottom