Morning
I was a internal battle not to throw the saw as I was falling in slow motion
I remember that feeling from one time I was on a step stool and was using a razor blade scraper to clean paint off a window. Somehow, I pushed myself over backwards and I remember trying to figure out what to do with the blade in my hand. In the end, I decided to fall flat on my back and throw my arm out to the side, but I kept a hold of the blade so I didn’t lose control of it.

Lovely winter day here
Sunrise was almost an hour ago
Snowing an inch an hour right now they say
Temps have risen to 30f from -5
Screenshot_20190128-073704.png

KIMG0011_01.JPG

Lovely winter day here
View attachment 1655751

View attachment 1655749
I'll stop complaining about my weather. :oops:I never knew it got that cold in IL. It makes sense, you're in the same horizontal band as OH. I guess I never really looked at the weather there.
Stay warm!

I'll stop complaining about my weather. :oops:I never knew it got that cold in IL. It makes sense, you're in the same horizontal band as OH. I guess I never really looked at the weather there.
Stay warm!
It's going to be a record lowest high temp
Previously it was -11 for a high in the 1980's
Hopefully they will be wrong

How on earth did an A frame slip out from under you? That’s just talent. Right up there with me managing to slam my own fingers in a door. I tripped myself with the dog tie out not to long ago too. No injury but I sure felt dumb.
Once I was trying to pry a root out of a stupid place in a flower bed and as I was prying on it the shovel snapped and I went straight back and bashed my head into the ground. I laid there for a good 5 minutes contemplating all my terrible life choices. I've also once cut my finger on a can while thinking "I'm going to cut myself doing this".. yet I continued. We're all dumb at one time or another.

I put grit into a chick feeder. They do not seem to Bury it.

I need to get them some more and some egg making vitamins!
I tried that but my cows kept knocking it over. I actually got a rabbit feeder this weekend to deal with that problem. I put a piece of cardboard to separate it into 2 sections. 1/2 grit and 1/2 oyster shell. I'm going to put it in there tonight so hopefully that will solve that problem. They have a container, but it's always getting covered in straw. It's like they see something that doesn't have straw in it and immediate turn around and start kicking [read: freshly cleaned & filled water dish]...
upload_2019-1-28_9-33-13.png

Lovely winter day here
View attachment 1655751

View attachment 1655749
We have to same POS weather, it seems, though it looks like you're getting the brunt of it. You must be getting the snow that we're supposed to get tonight. Please keep as much of it as you'd like... consider it a gift. :oops:
Do you heat your birds? I don't and I'm wondering if I should do something just for those days when it's going to be negative...
upload_2019-1-28_9-19-51.png

Stay warm!
It's our prerogative to complain about our weather... everyone is allowed, but Banty always wins for having it the worst.

It's going to be a record lowest high temp
Previously it was -11 for a high in the 1980's
Hopefully they will be wrong
Same. The news people said we're supposed to get our coldest in 25 years.. probably the same as you. A few years back when they had that throw boiling water out the windows b/c it was really cold, did people out there do that too?

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-28_9-33-3.png
    upload_2019-1-28_9-33-3.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom