I can't imagine doing that on purpose to a roo either! The only other thing I've read to keep an eye on is how sensitive it is. (Other then bleeding/infection) Its exposed nail bed. :thSome people wrap them up after ripping them off.

My dog has pulled off one of her dew claws more then once. I don't know how she does it. Doesn't yelp or anything. She starts licking her leg a lot and that's when I find it missing.:sick

I’ve found the sheath removal method easier for me to do, and less risky *for me* to not file or cut too deeply. I wasn’t comfortable with trimming, so I tried the twist off method and it’s so simple.

These are from my little 2 year old serama (was in the house recovering from a near-death experience when our temps got below zero a few weeks ago)
Usually the don’t even bleed, but if they do (his did a little) I coat them with corn starch.
2403A8CE-66A8-441C-A5C2-AE4AC1D2D774.jpeg

Good morning! Went out to a soft shelled egg don't know who laid it because they're all wearing it to some extent and what they aren't is spread down the whooole roost.
They must know it is coop cleaning day and I needed the extra work.
Still don't know where that spur went, no signs only other blood is on Marlene's back and that is just a testament to the one track mind of a spring rooster.:caf

Spur could be stuck in a hens feathers :D

Thanks, I called off work for today. Going back to bed.

:hugs relax today, hopefully whatever it is, goes away quickly!

Hi all. I'm feeling miserable today. I started coughing yesterday morning around 4am. I didn't feel too bad yesterday, but still had a cough. Today, I feel like mashed taters. I'm still coughing and I ache all over. I just want to go back to bed.

Oh and there is a power outage at the building that houses most of the machines I connect to to do my work. I'm hoping that means I might be able to go back to bed.
I hope you feel better soon!

@WVduckchick How do you do the twist off method?

It’s easiest with a helper to hold the bird and his leg, but just take a pair of pliers, grab the spur close to the base, where it’s attached to the leg. Firmly, but not tightly. Slightly twist back and forth, just a smidge, till you feel it pop. Then it will just slide right off. The spur underneath will be bare and kinda soft for a day or so, but I’ve had roosters go mate a hen as soon as I released him.

Well honestly we are talking about a woman is at least half synthetic,she sports two inch arcrylic nails and sleeps in a full face of makeup.
It really was doomed from the start, even if it was as easy as TSC makes it sound.
I ended up here because I hatched derps, alot of "that isn't right!" was happening so I investigated.
I came here and realized it was just derps, nothing to see here.
Now I ease the worries of others or warn them of the future.
A peacock pie?! You're talking crazy! You'd have to take out a loan to afford enough to make a pie.:eek:
Right? I made one for xmas and I skimped on the peacocks b/c they were so expensive, but it was soooo good.

Omg! Cooool! Went out to give the girls and Negan dinner and look what washed up!
My parents always said there were arrow heads to be found but i'd never found one, this one is in good shape too it is quartz so no surprise there.
But cooooo!:)View attachment 1690852 View attachment 1690853
That's awesome! I know someone who once found a trilobite. One of our libraries here has a display of arrowheads. Not sure where they got them though.
My parent's house was the house my dad grew up in so when they were digging a garden we'd find random stuff, like marbles, a monkey from a barrel of monkeys game, a barrette and other junk.. mostly trash though.

Nice!

Alrighty then, thank you! He seemed alot less upset about it than I was.
That is just one of the grossest things iv'e ever seen, can't believe people do that on purpose looks like a naked hermit crab's butt.:sick
:gig

Morning all. 9 degrees this morning. Brrrr Where the taters is our early spring?
Right? I've been saying the same thing. Lies. All lies.

I’ve found the sheath removal method easier for me to do, and less risky *for me* to not file or cut too deeply. I wasn’t comfortable with trimming, so I tried the twist off method and it’s so simple.

These are from my little 2 year old serama (was in the house recovering from a near-death experience when our temps got below zero a few weeks ago)
Usually the don’t even bleed, but if they do (his did a little) I coat them with corn starch.
View attachment 1691454

Spur could be stuck in a hens feathers :D

:hugs relax today, hopefully whatever it is, goes away quickly!
I looked that up when I was dealing w/ Odin, but didn't think I could handle it, plus I was worried he'd bleed to death if I messed up. Once I'd gone too deep trimming his spurs and he started to bleed. I felt so bad, but a little flour and it stopped pretty quickly. Now I'm careful to just trim the very end where it's pointy.

Holy heck does that bird have some huge spurs.

Back
Top Bottom