I thought that was the case, did that genetics calculator too and it said the same all black girls and barred boys.
Didn't know the dom dot would carry into hatching though, I thought i'd be waiting on a couple feathers.:)
Nice thing about your Favernique, is they will be black sex links. Boys will have a dot on their head showing they are barred. Girls won't get any barring.

I thought that was the case, did that genetics calculator too and it said the same all black girls and barred boys.
Didn't know the dom dot would carry into hatching though, I thought i'd be waiting on a couple feathers.:)
It depends on how dark the chick is at hatch. The lighter the chick, the harder it can be to see the dot. I had a hatch of Black Cochin/Dom and Dom cross chicks. I got 4 girls and 6 boys. The girls are nice, the boys were terrors and all went to the freezer. One boy only had a few wisps of light fluff on his head, but still turned out to be a boy. The other 5 boys had clear dots.

Well, bought another feeder and waterer plastic this time, new heat bulbs since mine died last hatch. Went with 75 watts should be plenty since the house is 80 degrees usually.
Got a daytime and a red so I can switch lamps and they'll sleep normally maybe.
Got chick food coming, got hay so i'm pretty good to go except for grit.:)

Saw that too. Unreal!
Here’s my newest ones. I’d sell them if someone offered 1.4 million. :lol:
A954CD5D-6EF7-48ED-8894-4C6EA72041DF.jpeg
7C1351CD-9450-4E97-AF90-E6736FC87B79.jpeg
7D05576A-530E-469B-B6BD-CF0A21E428EF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom