Have a safe trip! The nice part about nursing is you don't need to worry about packing bottles & stuff!

Yes, but I need to stop the car to feed the baby.

So, we arrived at the hotel about 2 hours ago. A 6 hr drive took 9.5 hours. Shortly after I left my last post the 40 gallon marine cooler (which belongs to my dad) which we had strapped to the roof, decided to fly free of its strap. The body of the cooler stayed on top of the van only because I tied the loose ratchet strap ends to the handle. The lid ripped free of its hinges and ended up in the median of the highway. So we pulled over, DH walked about a 1/4 mile to where the lid was in the median and brought it back. We tied the lid to the cooler and put the cooler upside down on the roof with two ratchet straps this time and we get back on the road. By this time, the Milk Drinker is awake and crying, Thing 1 was fed up with being in the car seat, and when we got up to speed one of the ratchet straps started buzzing in the wind of the van moving. :he:he

We had to pull over twice to try to fix the straps and feed the the Milk Drinker enough so he would go to sleep. We succeeded in the second task but not the first. About 3 hours of driving but 5 hours after we left we pulled over for lunch and we pulled everything out of the van and made room for the ginormous cooler inside the vehicle, which took care of the buzzing. Needless to say, I’m exhausted and very glad I have a recovery day planned for tomorrow.

:th

Lordy, I had Beavis in the chick cube so she could eat grass and the skunk freaked her out and vice versa.
She didn't get it head on, the skunk being really young didn't back up and spray just sorta stink rocketed through the fence "thing is small enough to go through chicken wire."
Anyhooo, she caught a little mist so she smells like a bad stoner. :lau

Lordy, I had Beavis in the chick cube so she could eat grass and the skunk freaked her out and vice versa.
She didn't get it head on, the skunk being really young didn't back up and spray just sorta stink rocketed through the fence "thing is small enough to go through chicken wire."
Anyhooo, she caught a little mist so she smells like a bad stoner. :lau

Jet propulsion! :gig

Poor little stinker. :lau

Oh skunk is fine! I'm hoping it freaked it out bad enough to move to the neighbor's.
I don't even care which one.
I can without a doubt tell you...iv'e never seen ANY of that before and I could have lived my entire life not knowing that was possible.:gig
Jet propulsion! :gig

Poor little stinker. :lau

Back
Top Bottom