Wisconsin only requires a negative test for pullorum typhoid. And if your birds all came from someone else's tested flock then you can send in their paperwork and never be inspected.

All my birds came from tested flocks so as far as WI is concerned I'm clean.
Nice! It makes sense, to a bureaucrat who does not understand Biology, but I know that insects and wild birds can bring something bad over from a neighbor's flock. Or, something BAD could be in the area from long before I even moved in and ordered a chick. I think BYC is great because I can get to know who is sending me chicks. Some big hatcheries send chicks that they have to know are infected with Salmonella. I believe a small home breeder is breeding birds that will do better and be healthier on my small place.

Wow, cool!
Eh, to an extent. I would not say it is great. I actually planned to get tested this year but then the shortage happened and I couldn't do anything about that.

IF, and that's a big if, antigen becomes available by next summer then I will get tested next year. Failing that, the year after.

Eh, to an extent. I would not say it is great. I actually planned to get tested this year but then the shortage happened and I couldn't do anything about that.

IF, and that's a big if, antigen becomes available by next summer then I will get tested next year. Failing that, the year after.
I think a reputation for healthy birds is better than a test.

Just like I would like to be able to buy all my food from a local farmer at the farmer's market, personal knowledge of the raiser is better than regulation and certification. We can not get that at any grocery store, and that is one important reason for backyard chickens and gardens. The fun of knowing each other is a fringe benefit!

Holy CARP Henny hooked me UP!
I was going to do a bucket picture but it wouldn't do this magnificence justice.
20190806_092629.jpg

The kindness of The Squatchers and fellow chicken keepers is amazing.
Thank You Henny for being so generous.
Thank You all for always being there to read my posts, answer questions, give opinions and be supportive!

Squatch On!
Love You,
Nunny

Back
Top Bottom