I can't imagine not driving! :eek:I grew up were everything was a 15-20 min car ride away. Not because it was unpopulated but it was such a small town there was nothing there.
Right? I have a cousin who lives in Kansas now and they're in a big city so she hasn't driven in years. I couldn't imagine.

Nest box is on the rehab coop.

View attachment 1873426
View attachment 1873428
And I put trim on 3 sides, only one more to go. I cut a pop hole where I wanted it . Will make a door so I can close it if needed.
Great job! It looks amazing.

Thanks folks, that is one big reason I tend not to have friends, because I'm bad at keeping up with people and conversations.
Meh.. if you feel like it go back a few pages and see what's going on recently. I rarely come in on the weekend, some times there's a few pages and I'll see what I missed, other times there's 100+ posts and I skip everything. I was on vaca for over a week and just skipped it all. Everyone is always welcome no matter how long it's been.

Adorable! Did you just get the one or are there other's hiding in there too?

Silly chickens are so secretive and tough, at first I had no idea how bad she was injured. I found her standing outside the coop, hungry and alert. DH offered her a couple blueberries and she scarfed em down. I thought we got really lucky and she was going to make it. :hitIt wasn’t until I got her inside and started examining her carefully and trimming away feathers that I saw how horrific the damage was. I am really gonna miss that sweet girl :hit
So sorry! :hugs Klaus was the same way when she lost her toes. I had no idea until they were falling off. They are some tough birds. You did everything you could. Do you know how the predator got her?

Good afternoon i'm late but it is Monday lol!
I was even half an hour late opening the coop. Susan laid on the roost so egg mess to clean up.
Weird thing another soft shelled blue egg had broken maybe a foot away.
That chicken must have had a wild night! She didn't lay at all during the day yesterday, she gets skip days no biggie. I guess it caught up to her this time.:)

Things are getting to that weird point where the two groups of chickens merge, im seeing the little signs.
Like every other time the two olive branch extenders are Negan and Hobo. Negan isn't a surprise but I still trip out over Hobo, she was just napping with the teenagers under a bush lol.
Negan is still doing good with Prince and vice versa, there have been a few fatherly tackles but it ends at the tackle.
Prince is still o.k with me too, he's pretty much like his dad was.Not aggressive, not crazy randy he is just there.
I'm glad, he's not going to be big enough to be a idiot.:)

When I got the D'uccles and other chickens from the woman who was moving I got a little coop too. I put it in the run and mostly wanted it for added shade and protection.
Its turned into the teenage hangout.
20190810_152036.jpg

It has clear sides so I can see their shadows in there. It cracks me up. BB (who is definitely a rooster) and his little haram of ladies hang out in there the most.

No idea what to make of the sass of these kids. Tonight Barb sassed Marlene, didn't go well had to rescue her.
I don't let stuff play out with Marlene, she likes the taste of baby too much.
But seriously of all the ones to start stuff with. :th
When I got the D'uccles and other chickens from the woman who was moving I got a little coop too. I put it in the run and mostly wanted it for added shade and protection.
Its turned into the teenage hangout.
View attachment 1876109
It has clear sides so I can see their shadows in there. It cracks me up. BB (who is definitely a rooster) and his little haram of ladies hang out in there the most.

They look like a bunch of punks! :lau

Back
Top Bottom