I was just tending the parrots in the bird room. My 18-19 year old cockatiel isn't looking so great. Dadgum it!

The average lifespan in captivity is 20.....I guess we may be nearing the end.
The lovebird will be quite upset. He is to old to really accept a new friend I think. He is 17.

That's so sad, when our pets of any kind come to their end 🤗🤗

Congratulations Chicky 🍾 and good morning if I haven't said it yet 🤔

Good morning Fishy 🙂 have a great Wednesday !!

sounds like you needs some hugs 🤗🤗
I was just tending the parrots in the bird room. My 18-19 year old cockatiel isn't looking so great. Dadgum it!

The average lifespan in captivity is 20.....I guess we may be nearing the end.
The lovebird will be quite upset. He is to old to really accept a new friend I think. He is 17.
Wow! That is a long time. Good to hear they've had a good life 🤗

Can't be helped it just bums me out to no end when critters pass even when they're old as dirt.
I feel for you because you made old as dirt a possibility for them.

It's ok Chooky. They have both had long lives.

Don't be sad. These times come.....I knew it before bringing them in. They have had long lives really. The lovebird has outlived the average already.

Thanks Cappy!
Can't believe im still on husband number 1 lol. 😂
Happy anniversary!

Can't be helped it just bums me out to no end when critters pass even when they're old as dirt.

Thanks Cappy!
Yeah, me too on husband #1. Met him in 1974.

Well you picked a "real keeper," for a husband Cap. My parents were married for 55 years before my mom passed of cancer.

My sister and her husband were married almost for 50 years.- 4 days before the event, her husband died from lung cancer.:(
That's sad DD.

Thanks Cappy!

I didn't mean to be a total downer Chicky. I guess it rather surprised me to see Tiki looking off at all. Yeah....old as dirt is a pretty good accomplishment lol.
Checking on her all close up she isn't fluffed up but her eye is odd and being held tightly closed. I am going to have to wear gloves to try and treat the eye....she can give quite a pinch with that beak. She is old as dirt but I will still try to help her.

Well you picked a "real keeper," for a husband Cap. My parents were married for 55 years before my mom passed of cancer.

My sister and her husband were married almost for 50 years.- 4 days before the event, her husband died from lung cancer.:(

Those are both long marriages. I am sorry they ended the way they did. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom