Sort of. Things have changed for him in that regard now that he's an adult. The pandemic hasn't helped. Lots more people going to psych, so lots less seeing new patients. He doesnt eat well or sleep, but you cant convince him how much better he would feel if he tried to improve those habits. And dont get me started on being outside and doing anything active. He thinks pills fix everything. Pills certainly help when necessary, but they're not a fix-all.
:hugs In town we have a psych ER for emergencies and they can help setup referrals for regular treatment etc. Not sure you have an option like that though. It sucks how hard it is to get treatment of any kind these days :hugs

:hugs In town we have a psych ER for emergencies and they can help setup referrals for regular treatment etc. Not sure you have an option like that though. It sucks how hard it is to get treatment of any kind these days :hugs
It really does. I honestly don't know. As a ped, we could go to the childrens hospital, and get turned away after 2-4 hours, but now it’s hard to say. I doubt its any different and certainly not better.

Sort of. Things have changed for him in that regard now that he's an adult. The pandemic hasn't helped. Lots more people going to psych, so lots less seeing new patients. He doesnt eat well or sleep, but you cant convince him how much better he would feel if he tried to improve those habits. And dont get me started on being outside and doing anything active. He thinks pills fix everything. Pills certainly help when necessary, but they're not a fix-all.

An unfortunate thing that happened was kids not getting to be kids when everyone got sue happy.
Kids ...... even those my kids ages (30+) spend/spent many many hours inside on computers and video games. They never really learned how to be outside.
Not saying it's true of your kiddo just in general kids have lost that "there's nothing to do inside lets go ride bikes" way of thinking.

There is a lot to be said for the benefits of making something with ones hands and hard work. That sense of accomplishment and the expenditure of energy cannot be replaced with pills.

Is he willing to help with projects? Maybe get him to help with a pallet project like making a potting bench or outdoor seating?

Tell him you really need his help to do xyz project and DEFINITELY get his input on what he thinks of this or that.

:confused:

Just brainstorming sneaky ways to get that young man some nice sunshine and outdoor time.

An unfortunate thing that happened was kids not getting to be kids when everyone got sue happy.
Kids ...... even those my kids ages (30+) spend/spent many many hours inside on computers and video games. They never really learned how to be outside.
Not saying it's true of your kiddo just in general kids have lost that "there's nothing to do inside lets go ride bikes" way of thinking.

There is a lot to be said for the benefits of making something with ones hands and hard work. That sense of accomplishment and the expenditure of energy cannot be replaced with pills.

Is he willing to help with projects? Maybe get him to help with a pallet project like making a potting bench or outdoor seating?

Tell him you really need his help to do xyz project and DEFINITELY get his input on what he thinks of this or that.

:confused:

Just brainstorming sneaky ways to get that young man some nice sunshine and outdoor time.
🤣 too true! All of it. I offered whatever usually gets to him. He hates doing projects. He’s a perfectionist and will only do things if they turn out exactly as in his head within about 5 minutes. Outside is a four letter word for him, always has been. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I still would rather be outside than anything. It’s almost as if hed rather be miserable, but I know hes just that anxious of anything and everything. I really hoped he would outgrow this.

Back
Top Bottom