Happy Easter!
20210404_103244.jpg
20210404_102846.jpg
20210404_100333.jpg

I did! Had them for breakfast than did the other picts.

I didn't know there was an egg contest. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Here it is. You should submit your pictures!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/12th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-along—natural-egg-photo-contest.1445880/

Well poop! My linkerizer is busted again. Anyway if copy paste of my "link" fails it's in the contests section.

Here it is. You should submit your pictures!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/12th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-along—natural-egg-photo-contest.1445880/

Well poop! My linkerizer is busted again. Anyway if copy paste of my "link" fails it's in the contests section.
I may have to enter. I'm always critical of my picts.

Tom was 24 ibs before processing. 8lbs skinless boneless breasts and 7lbs skinless legs.
When I went to check on him around 4pm, he looked really bad. I put my jacket over him, covering his head too. He didn't struggle so I didn't put him in the cone, I pick them up by the legs to put in the cone. I didn't want to hurt him anymore than necessary. When I used the pipe cutter it just cut one side and he was calmly bleeding out. When his head sagged it stopped the flow. So I did the other side and severed the head off. I started feeling nauseous. I had skipped lunch, so I thought that might be it or allergies. I put him in the cone and went to eat and take allergy meds. Still didn't feel right and when I got back rigor was starting so I wasn't going to use the plucker, so I just skinned the best parts.
His hip on the left side was very loose in the socket.
As soon as I was done I felt much better, so I was a sissy ...or the food kicked in LOL
Sorry about your Tom. That had to be hard.

I know I couldn’t bring myself to do in Hop-a-long when he started going downhill I had to have my FIL do it for me. I think I was in the first trimester with Thing 3, so it was slightly more understandable

Back
Top Bottom