OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

nice! I'm sorry you lost your flock. That is a good deal. Don't forget each purchase of chicks you can get a free chick (Meyer meal maker). Any idea of amount you want to get yet?

I love the meal maker. I got a really sweet red hen the first time I added one. The next one died within 24 hours.

I'll probably get 25 of the Adopt Me assortment since it's straight run. If I don't go with that I might go with 15 of the All Pullet Rainbow Pack.

Sorry you lost your flock.
sad.png
Never heard of that deal, what's included in it?

The Adopt Me Bargain is a variety of late bloomers they find in the incubators. It can include any chicks, bantams or broad-breasted turkeys. It sounds interesting.

I love the meal maker. I got a really sweet red hen the first time I added one. The next one died within 24 hours.

I'll probably get 25 of the Adopt Me assortment since it's straight run. If I don't go with that I might go with 15 of the All Pullet Rainbow Pack.

The Adopt Me Bargain is a variety of late bloomers they find in the incubators. It can include any chicks, bantams or broad-breasted turkeys. It sounds interesting.

Sounds neat! :)

we got golden comet the first time and a golden laced wyandotte the second order. I'm not sure about the bargain one as its any poultry left over and can include all males.

Got my birds AI tested today to maintain my flocks NPIP AI clean status that is required by some states to ship eggs, birds to, or show in   Found out today that starting in 2017 the price for NPIP testing in Ohio is going to skyrocket. Staring next week it will be $75 to $100 depending on how many birds you have for the yearly test, and an additional $75 for the 6 month AI clean test;  So what has been running me $35 a year will now be $175. 

Between this and the fact that most meds and antibiotics will now require a script from a Vet., I may have to rethink this operations future. Not that I was ever that big of a medicine user on my birds, but a outbreak of something like coccidiousis can seriously impact next years replacement birds. Not being able to run down to TSC, Rural King, or PBS to pick up something that could well save a suddenly sick bunch of birds will not be good. I don't even know of any Vets that work with poultry around here. 
I'm worried about needing the vet for simple meds as well. How do I go about testing? I'd love to ensure the safety of our flock & safety of our eggs for the customers

I'm not aware that any meds are going to be off the market other than antibiotics. Our mill gave me a list of stuff that will no longer be available, and I don't THINK Amprol was on it, which is what you'd use for Cocci. As far as the other..needing a scrip...if you have a good relationship with your vet, you should be able to get scrips for simple things. No four leg vet is going to try to diagnose a complicated avian problem, but they should be able to give you dewormer or maybe a scrip for some antibiotics, depending on what the problem is.

I'm not aware that any meds are going to be off the market other than antibiotics.  Our mill gave me a list of stuff that will no longer be available, and I don't THINK Amprol was on it, which is what you'd use for Cocci. As far as the other..needing a scrip...if you have a good relationship with your vet, you should be able to get scrips for simple things.  No four leg vet is going to try to diagnose a complicated avian problem, but they should be able to give you dewormer or maybe a scrip for some antibiotics, depending on what the problem is.
it is only water and feed soluble antibiotics. Corid will still be available. All injectable medications are still available also.

I wonder why they are not taking injectsbles off the market?
according to UK when I talked to them at work, it was mainly to stop the feedlot and large farm operations from feeding low level doses as feed and water additives to prevent disease outbreaks. It is much harder to dose 1000 head of cattle or hogs with injections.

Back
Top Bottom