OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Anybody in Ohio breed silkies? More show quality than pet and not hatchery? Found some out of state but between price of birds and shipping I’m not wanting to pay the huge shipping costs...please let me know if you or anyone you know breeds them!! Same for D’Uccles both porcelain and regular color but I’d show quality..thanks for any help!!
There is someone whose screen name is Nautica's Naughty Nestery on facebook. She posts on the Facebook group Toledo Area Backyard Chickens as well as having the Nestery page.

I live near Troy Ohio. My little chicken ranch. 8 grown, and 12 chicks. 38503175_523337138096665_7069647728359243776_o.jpg

Do any of you guys sell eggs and what are you charging? We were charging 1.50 per dozen, 1.25 each for two dozen or more. Originally, people were looking at us like they thought that was expensive. Now, people are beginning to ask us for eggs, and they're looking at us like they think that's cheap. Ohio is notoriously cheap, so what d'ya think?
"Organic" (free range/grass range/etc) eggs are sold in stores from $3.50 to $6.00. You should not apologize for $1.50 a dozen. That is a VERY good deal for anyone discovering it. Tack on another $1 to cover cost of labor/feed/vet bills/ etc. You deserve it.

I Do Not Want To Do This...
but it cannot be helped. I need to give away my four 8-month old Buff Orpingtons. They are VERY friendly, will sit in your lap for as long as you want to pet them, come running when they see you, lay one egg every day, PERFECT pets for children to learn about chickens, are Very quiet, very healthy, and egg-cellent for a first time chicken owner.
I will set you up with all the accouterments (water container, feeder, oyster shells, grit, etc... No coop, however) and even provide one-on-one instruction to care and handling.
Please help if you can. If I can't place them, they must be destroyed.
I'm located in Ohio - for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom