OHIO TRADERS!!!

Pics
I am from Wayne County, Ohio and I would be willing to take in any special needs chickens or birds that people have.

i am looking for silkie chicks or a hen. i have a 5month old silkie roo. i am not sure what color he is like a patchwork quilt, and i am wi
ling to trade him i am in mansfield

Wayne county poultry husbandry. New to the trade. I deal in LF and bantam as well as a few turkeys. I'm currently haggling for a Mille D'uccle rooster.

Hey guys/gals, I just found this thread. I'm in Morrow Co. I raise Asil and am getting into other Oriental Games. I also raise a few hogs each year. I'm interested in a good quality layer. Looking for a "pure" breedable trio. Open to different breeds, as long as good size and close to SOP. Just wanting to throw out what I have to offer. I also do construction: concrete/masonry, decks, room additions, ect. Anyone close and wanting a hog raised, "real" games, or work needing done, get a hold of me. Blaine

Looking for laying chickens in the central Ohio area. I am new to raising chickens and don't know what kind would be best for eggs. Thanks in advance. Jane

Everyone has their personal preference but I have found that my best layers have all been white leghorns. My girls had the best personalities as well and they laid pretty much all year round, big, white, beautiful eggs. We currently have Black Australorps, RIRs, Golden Comets, a couple of mixed breeds, and one Barred Rock. Between them, the Black Australorps have the most amazing personality (but they can get quite loud and sound like a baby crying LOL) and they do lay well, but this winter none of the girls laid. (My White Leghorns are all gone now).

A lot of people say leghorns are skittish. Mine were far from it, at least from me. One of my leghorns even enjoyed helping me garden LOL Both would sit on my lap and watch the world go by.

I got my leghorns from tractor supply. With chick days coming up, you may wanna give them a try!

Thanks for your reply. I am excited to get chickens. Been waiting a year for hubby to get coop built and finished.

Back
Top Bottom