***OKIES in the BYC III ***

We dropped from 106 adults to 54

Listening to the market last fall, there was a report of the cows sold in/at several select auctions in a 3 month period. It was almost the same number as the previous 3 years combined of the same 3 months.
Replacement heifers will bring a pretty penny this year for anybody who could afford to keep them over the winter.
Good thing I sold a couple of horses last year.

Listening to the market last fall, there was a report of the cows sold in/at several select auctions in a 3 month period. It was almost the same number as the previous 3 years combined of the same 3 months.
Replacement heifers will bring a pretty penny this year for anybody who could afford to keep them over the winter.
Good thing I sold a couple of horses last year.
We have held the course after our liquidation. Hay is now running low even though there is some green showing in the pastures. We just took four full blood Angus yearling replacement heifers that have all their cow vaccines and four younger full blood fall weaned keeper heifers to the OKC Stockyards. Prices are really high. These sold as a group of 8 instead of two separate groups by weight and age. Pretty sure these girls went to a feedlot.

We are cell grazing … rotating … hoping to help grasses to reestablish. We are unrolling each bale of hay for feeding…less waste.

In other areas of the farm: Incubator chicks hatched this week. Three broody hens will be given some to raise.

Last edited:
We (really she while I'm In Blthyville) fired up the Incubator last week. I need another broody box like my good one. I should probably start another round soon after those hatch out. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're not incubating as many as you. I lost a couple of broody hens over the winter, so I need to do at least a couple more hatches this year.

We have held the course after our liquidation. Hay is now running low even though there is some green showing in the pastures. We just took four full blood Angus yearling replacement heifers that have all their cow vaccines and four younger full blood fall weaned keeper heifers to the OKC Stockyards. Prices are really high. These sold as a group of 8 instead of two separate groups by weight and age. Pretty sure these girls went to a feedlot.

We are cell grazing … rotating … hoping to help grasses to reestablish. We are unrolling each bale of hay for feeding…less waste.

In other areas of the farm: Incubator chicks hatched this week. Three broody hens will be given some to raise.
I've made it so far without any hay, if it don't rain I may be selling some replacement heifers I don't want to.

Hey 👋🏽 I need to rehome my Gold Laced Wyandotte roo. He's almost 7 weeks old. I live in Mustang, but I'm happy to drive up to an hour to meet!

Attachments

• IMG_5500.jpeg
    IMG_5500.jpeg
    872.2 KB · Views: 3
Just saying hey! I am a new chicken mama in El Reno. mostly reading the forums but will probably need advice from other experienced Oklahoma chicken keepers in the future.

anyone in Oklahoma need an EE rooster? Reply or PM me, im looking to give him away for free to someone who needs a rooster. He's not mean, mite/flea free, eaten medicated medicine his whole life, does a great job at protecting the girls, I just cant have the noise. Thank you!

anyone in Oklahoma need an EE rooster? Reply or PM me, im looking to give him away for free to someone who needs a rooster. He's not mean, mite/flea free, eaten medicated medicine his whole life, does a great job at protecting the girls, I just cant have the noise. Thank you!
Hello!
We're you able to rehome your rooster? I am in the Yukon area and need a home for two roosters. Any advice will help. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom