Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckguy
I think that the anadarko is possibly a swap meet/farmers market also but the CoC thinks that they most of the time also have chickens I may end up going in the next week or 2 and will let you'll know what I find out.

Kasi

Thanks, I talked to one of the two men today that ran the Newalla auction and he told me that they are very very close to getting the new one going. Sometime after the first of the year.
I can't wait.
Monty

I never thought about swap meets to find birds! And my family made fun of me when I said there should be poultry auctions! *haha*

I love standards, I think the colors are more prominent. And the large size of most breeds is awesome. BUT... they eat so much! My Orp cockerel and pullet eat as much as Rhuby and my four banties.

And oh have I got a wish list for Santa! *haha* (Preferably pairs)
Japanese
d'Uccle
Blue Wheaten/Wheaten Ameraucana (standard)
Seramas
Silkies (non-bearded)
Black Rosecomb
Phoenix

Or a batch of mystery eggs! As long as their all pure. I love the suprise.
big_smile.png

I kinda want whatever looks good, is not ridiculously common, and is a good deal.

(Edited, had to add to my list!)

Last edited:
Yay Christie! You have an African Gray? Those are amazing birds. I started out with a budgie and a parrot or two. Chickens are much better, they stay outside *haha*

So, Monty, are you Santa this year? I'm making room for my list wishes...
big_smile.png
*ha* I'm not sure about the Cochins, they aren't on my list, but Mottled is very interesting. And it is recognized by the standard!

Anyone know if Seramas will be in the newest edition of the Standard next month???

Oh and Monty, we've got us another new Okie on the BYC! Valerie, says she west of OKC. She's got black feather-legged bantam roos that need to go.

And I really am from Chickasha! You didn't add it to the list.
sad.png

Last edited:
Well They were the Fightin' Hens up until the mid nineties. Troy Aikman was a Fightin Hen long before he was a Dallas Cowboy. I actually went to a small country school and we were the Tigers. That is my disclaimer.

Last edited:
We have a lot of Okies on the list but it seems like just a few of us do all the talking. I know there are some people I talked to a lot during the summer that aren't on here anymore. All you lurkers speak up.
Monty

Cammie, Do you have a place for Black Rosecombs in mind? I know a guy in Seminole that used to have some. I also know of a breeder in the state that I believe still has a line of those. I will have to check.
Monty

Some of us talk too much, I think that's the deal...
roll.png

Monty, that's cool trivia that I did not know!

Oh and I've decided that Crele OE are very pretty. Crele is interesting. Does anything else come in Crele?

Hey this is the list of birds in the E-bay auction I want to buy. There are 24 eggs, extra if they get them, and not guaranteed all breeds. Just thought I'd share!

Bantams-Self Blue Old English, BB Red Old English, Crele Old English, Spangled Old English, Silver Duckwing Old English, Mille Fleur d'Uccle, Belgian Quail Antwerp, Silver Sebright, Buff Sebright, Gold Sebright, Partridge Cochin, White Faced Black Spanish, Silver Laced Cochin, Gold Laced Cochin, Buff Sebrights, White Crested Black Polish(Bantam), Blue Cochin, Buff Cochin, Black Cochin.

Standard Size Breeds- Gold Phoenix, Silver Phoenix, White Phoenix, White Crested Black Polish, Buff Laced Polish, White Laced Red Cornish, Blue Andalusian, Gold Laced Wyandottes, and Silver Laced Wyandottes.

Monty, this is that same group with the SQ Self Blues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the email address for the self blues. Crele comes in OEG Standards and Bantams and also in Penedesencas. I am not sure what else. There are some called brassybacks that are very close to Crele but still different enough that they have their own standard. I am sure there are other breeds with the Crele color.
I tried for two years to get some Crele Penedesencas but I wanted some adult birds close to home and never found any that I could afford.
Monty

She went to Oregon to visit her sister. I think she is supposed to be back Monday or Tuesday. She was supposed to meet up with some BYC'ers in Oregon as well.
Monty
p.s. Have you ever been on the Feathersite website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom