Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey country did those ebay eggs come from Leon sounds like the description and I have been tempted but have been able to restrain myself thank goodness, my hubbie is becoming a little testy whan I mentioned a lamb to him. He says you have your chickens and that's enough animals.

Monty - I look on Feathersite for pictures of specific breeds, but I haven't really figured out what else to look up. *haha*

Luvz - Yup, those are from LeonValley! I want to buy them SO bad. Hopefully I can after the holidays.
big_smile.png

nothing yet I am kinda woried they were rocking on day 18 and 19 and yesterday when I woke but not a thing since them no pips couldn't hear if they peeped due to the 13 very loud 6 1/6 week old chicks in my living room. still waiting I will let you know if I am the only person in the world that can incubate hundreds of ostrich eggs but a ruin chicken eggs and kill the poor sweet baby chickies inside. I do think that maybe they had a slow start due to the fan i had installed so I won't start to
hit.gif
until tomorow or Monday. I have an allergy infection in my eye and I am not supposed to be using it but do you know how hard it is to try and see if eggs are rocking with only one eye.

Kasi

We have a new OKIE I have sent him this way. and I have been singing the praises of this board to everyone I know that has chickens. Even the hardware guy at Wal-mart knows I am the freaky chicken lady I bought my chickens some misters yesterday on clearance the will love me in the summer.

Kasi

Country, I am gladd you are doing well! I thought I remembered you were going to OU. That is where my daughter is going as well. USAO is a lot closer for you.

Okie I am fine. I just haven't seeen many Okies posting today. Found any more eggs?
Monty

Last edited:
I have got them laying in the coop now...... 2 everyother day.the ducks that is.one of the ones you gave me is laying I think...........a lone brown egg like the ones you gave me...... I sure would like some more of those speckled ones to make things with..........I would be willing to buy them from you
big_smile.png

J Family,
Sapulpa! I have many long time friends from Sapulpa and that area. I used to work for a company that was based there and I was at the Sapulpa office at least once a week.
I used to buy my feed at Farmer's Feed because it was cheaper than over here plus it was right on my way home although 100 miles away.
Also one of first jobs I had out of college was as a sales rep for Coca Cola and Sapulpa was in my District.
Places like Hmpty Dumpty, Warehouse Market, Reasors, Safeway, and one called Tru something which sold more pop than you could imagine.
Now you have me thinking about my old Sapulpa buddies. Thanks!
Good to have you on board. You raise us to 35.
Monty

Last edited:
I'm new to this and not sure where to post a thread directed to all the okies out there.

We'd like 3-5 chicks and would prefer to buy locally.
Or we're thinking of ordering chicks from McMurray Hatchery, and wondered if anyone around here would like any of the extras--you have to order 25. We're looking at the "Ornamental Layer Collection, all pullets" which includes Cochins, Campines, Red Caps, exotic Polish.

Also, my dad who just acquired one rooster and one hen from us, would like up to six more full grown laying hens of any variety.

Thanks so much

And...Hey Monty!!

Last edited:
Hi J Family!!!
I'm just down the road from you in Mounds. Let me know when you'll be ordering, maybe we could go in together and save shipping, and not get too many chicks, like you said. I'm just a few miles away from you and go to Sapulpa all the time.
~~>Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom