Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure the woman that I got my layers from ( she lives in Pocacet...did I spell that right country) told me about it I called Chamber of Commerce and followed up a little I have not had a chance to go as my nephew has been having doctors appointments on Thursday for the last 2 weeks and will have them for the next 2 Thursdays I may try to run over there The begining of Feb to scope it out...I will use it as one of my days where hubbie has to do what I want I get one a week and he gets one a week...... mine normally have to do with chickens in some way and his normally has to do with sleeping half the day... go figure.

Kasi

Quote:
I do have some Production Reds for sale and I have listed tham a few places but not on Craig's list. Must be someone else.

Quote:
I do have some Production Reds for sale and I have listed tham a few places but not on Craig's list. Must be someone else.

buckguy.............I think she saw the same ad I did for someone that wanted some laying hens.......
big_smile.png

Luvz - Pocasset, I live even closer to there! I am in the school district. What other chickens does this person have? And what chickens do you have?

Monty - Let us know how the CSM (Chicken Stock Market) is looking.
lol.png
I'm going to show Grandma my ring Saturday, so I will have to skip out.
roll.png
Hey you weren't the one selling 150 PR's in the OKC paper, were you?

Quote:
Ok County, I need to find out how to get to the "Famous steakhouse" in your area. I can't remember if it is in Pocasset or Amber. No I didn't put mine in the paper. When did you see the ad?"
I saw on the news where Verden needs a new cop maybe your hubby to be could be the new Andy Taylor there and you could be Barney.
gig.gif

HA!!! Ya, and he wouldn't let me have more than one bullet in my revolver either.
lol.png
You must be talking about Ken's Steakhouse, its in Amber. Chickasha has a barbeque joint called Jake's that is pretty famous too. That's it, we can all get together for a chicken buy, and then go eat steak! *haha*

Ken's is off of Highway 92, and Amber is between Tuttle and Chickasha. Ya, they're not open very often. Especially since the owner is being sued big time.
hmm.png
I sent you a pm about my want list, Monty.

All she has are barred rock and a couple nn and a few others mingled in, but i believe she is going to keep these she rotates her personal stock every year or 2. I got a couple of older 2, 2 1/2 year old hens until my chicks start to lay.

I have 1 blue cochin hen 1 blue cochin 1 splash cochin rooster a blue cochin cockerel 2 light brown leghorns 3 rhode island reds (the leghorns and the rir are the ones I got from her) then I have 6 ee pullet chicksand 6 BO pullets and 1 BO cockerel that are almost 10 weeksand at least 5 viable eggs in the incubator RIR X cochin and cochin.

Well I went to the swap meet in MWC this morning.

********* Morning Report on the CSM *********

Brisk action on Large heavy hens and roosters and selling for $12 to $15 each.

Medium to large hens and Roosters were at $10 to $12 each.

Not enough Fancy Chickens for a market report.
Very few banties and very few buyers looking for them.

Ducks: Very slow but $9 to $15

Turkeys $20 and Up

Rabbits $8 to $10 but slow

It will change some as the weather warms but as far as show type or fancy chickens go it wouldn't be worth a long trip right now for anyone to check it out. At least it wasn't today.

Cammie: I found what seemed to be two Blue Wheaten Ameracauna roosters. They could have just been Easter Eggers but they were pretty.
There was also a very pretty Blue Cochin Rooster but I couldn't tell if he was pure. He looked a little like a blue splash.

Thanks for the report! I really expected Turkeys to be selling for me, but maybe not right after the holidays. My uncle raised Bourbon Reds and sold them for $65 each one fall. Too bad there weren't any banties.
sad.png

The only pair of Ameraucanas I have actually seen was at the Shawnee show. And they just happened to be from the breeder I contacted in Gainseville, TX. Maybe I can get them to meet me at another show.

For some reason I'm really not interested in Cochins. I guess because there are so many. A woman about 15 minutes from me has beautiful standard Blues that she's been trying to sell.

Runamuck is selling Black Rosecomb eggs, 6 for $15. I'm thinking about buying some. They're supposed to be from an excellent show pair. She has Call duck eggs, also, 6 for $10. I want some so bad!!! Any opinions from my okie chicken family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom