Oklahoma Poultry Shows

Spring poultry shows in OK and AR? I am excited. I have been raising silkies for several years and have always wanted to show them. How do I enter the shows? Is there a website that I could learn about the ends and outs of showing chickens?

Mastiffmark in Springdale AR

Welcome to the board, Mastiff! Showing really just requires having a pure bred bird with good colors, straight toes, a and waddle and comb that look exactly like they should. Some people bathe their birds before shows; I'm only going to if mine have pooh or something on them. If you have any questions about how your birds should look, you could ask anyone on the site, we're all pretty helpful.
smile.png
I plan on showing mine this spring, so I've done all kinds of research. *ha*

What colors are you silkies? Are they bearded or non-bearded? I have one little black non-bearded, not sure of the gender yet.

I don't know where Springdale is, but here's the OK and Arkansas shows that I know of:

March 1, 2008 ~ Pryor, Oklahoma, Mayes County Fairgrounds, NE Oklahoma Poultry Show hosted by the Choteau FFA Chapter. Judge: Forrest Beauford. Contact: Kenneth Kivttum, PO Box 991, Choteau, OK 74337, 918-476-5613.

March 17 ~ McAlester, Oklahoma, Little Dixie Poultry Club, Double Show. Contact: Joe & Sherri Breeden, 4500 North Rouse Road, McAlester, Oklahoma 74501

April 5, 2008 ~ El Dorado, Arkansas, South Central Regional Classic, South Arkansas Poultry Club. Judges: Charles Mahoney and Troy Jones. Contact: Bill and Debbie Atwood, 1557 Grant 73, Sheridan, AR 72150. Phone: 870-942-7361, email: [email protected]

April 12, 2008 ~ Hutchinson, Kansas, Kansas State Fairgrounds, Heart of America Bantam Club Spring Show, one day double show. Judges: Troy LaRoche, Doug Connally, Danny Williamson and Paul Monteith. Contact: George Robbins, 15304 K16 Hwy, Oslkaloosa, KS 66066. Phone: 785-863-2184, email: [email protected].

May 3, 2008 ~ Fayetteville, Arkansas, Washington County Fairgrounds. Northwest Arkansas Poultry Club 1st Annual Spring Show. Judges: Pending. Contact: Jacob Bates, President, 4119 Hewitt Rd., Charleston, AR 72933, Phone: 479-965-5222. Or, Ricky Bates, Secretary, 479-965-7108.

Last edited:
Countryroad-

Thank you for the poultry show information. I have bearded white silkies. I purchased several pairs of silkies off of Eggbid and one cockrel from a show breeder in Fla. I would like to start showing them but know little about it. Do the birds need to be tested before going to the show? If so, for what? How do I enter the show? Do I just contact the show sectretary. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Aw, Okie you beat me to it! I've been meaning to ask you, if I do hatch eggs and end up with a few extras I don't want, would you want them?

Mastiff - Being tested varies depending on the state. I know that in order to show in Oklahoma, the birds have to be tested for Pullorum. I found that out by reading the info to enter in our County fair. Mine haven't been tested yet, my vets don't do it. I've been given the name of a man nearby that should be able to.

As far as finding out for Arkansas, you might try calling your local vets. Oh! Try contacting a high school's FFA program, they should know. Just thought of that one. *haha*

Back
Top Bottom