Oregon Summer Swap "Brownsville Chickenstock" Aug. 4th 2012 in Brownsville, Oregon

ahartacres

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
Please join us in beautiful Pioneer Park, located in Brownsville, Oregon for our first Brownsville Chickenstock! August 4th 9 am - 4 pm.

This is a park, so there are no electrical hookups, bring your own tables, there are bathrooms on site. On the same day, the Brownsville Antique Faire will also be in the park, which will mean a lot more foot traffic and hopefully lots of added sales. Food is available at the park and in nearby stores and restaurants, I have also heard there will be live music throughout the day.

We are asking for a $5 donation OR for a donation to our raffle table for spaces. Proceeds will be going to Pheasants Forever. I would suggest getting there fairly early for a good parking spot, as the Antique Faire draws a large crowd

follow us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/248164075292744/

On the subject of sick birds / how your birds should be caged, etc...

ALL birds should be kept in cages that are large enough for them to stand up in, turn around in, etc. NO OVERCROWDING. Birds should have access to clean water at all times. IF you have a sick bird, leave it at home, along with all your other birds. I do not want a 4-H kid buying a bird, taking it home, and having all their other birds get sick and possibly die because the bird you sold them had been exposed to some sick bird back at your place. Obviously we can't enforce that part, that is to rest with you, but please do what is right. IF we do see signs of illness in any of your birds, or if we see the overcrowding issues listed above, you will be asked to remove all of your birds and sale items from the park immediately. This is not negotiable.

This is great!

All info is also on the OregonPoultrySwap.com website (as usual
big_smile.png
)

Awesome! Brownsville is not too far away :) Thanks for setting this up. I was just wondering the other day why there isn't a summer swap...

Bringing:
-Bantam cochins (mille fleur cockerels and possibly black or blue pairs/cockerels)

Wants are TBD.

We are bringing;
Show Quality Ameraucana Chicks, eggs, poosible adult pairs/ trios (blue, black, splash, lavender)
Bantam Cochin eggs, chicks, possible pairs/ trios (white, black, blue lavender, mottled, buff, splash
Silkie eggs, chicks, juveniles, roosters
Light Sussex chicks and eggs and perhaps an adult quad
Auburn Turkey poults
Speckled Sussex Chicks and eggs
Barnvelder Chicks and eggs
Marans Chicks and eggs
Welsummer Chicks and eggs
Olive egger Chicks and eggs.
Easter Egger Chicks, Eggs and Hens
Several layer hens 1-2 years old- assorted breeds
Possible peafowl
Guinea Keets and juveniles, possibly some adults- many colors
Muscovy drakes and ducklings, possibly some hens or pairs, lots of colors
Possibly more juvenile and adult chickens
Rabbits- Silver Fox, New Zealands, American Blues, Californians and Satins
Goats- possibly some dairy goat babies (if it is okay to bring baby goats)?
Probably forgetting something but it is a start.

Awesome! I am sure i will have a ton of young cockerels for sale, I already do
hmm.png
Probably bring the ones that haven't sold by then. and a few young ladies. I have 22 Young Cockerels now and the numbers are getting Larger. I will give a list of what I will be bringing on a later date, but if anyone interested in young cockerels just pm me, and i can give you a list of cockerels I have now and what i may have at Swap. :)

This is really awsome. I dont have a car though so if anyone is willing to carpool that would be excellent. I have some eggs hatching all this month , 10/11th 17/18/19th 23/24/25 and into the first week or two of july so I could bring some or trade some with someone for carpooling with us. If the eggs hatch I will have , Jumbo brown and bob white quail, chucker partridge, barn yard mixes , seramas , silkies , norwiegian jearhons ?? (spelling) cuckoo marans, and Sweedish flower hens.

I was just reading the intro and noted that there may be live music. Somewhere I remember hearing that Brownsville has a Jam/Musical Festival, the weekend of Chickenstock isnt the same weekend, is it? Just curious, as I havent been to the one in Sweet Home, but have tried to drive through Sweet Home during that time, Ugh! One in Brownsville might not be as big but its a small town and might be pretty crowded if something like that is going on.

Bringing (only if someone asks); young roos-EE/Smooth Silkied Amer. project, Black/Mottled project and Silkie-not sure how many of any of them but should have at least one of each breed and no idea of color(s) yet.

Want: Black Java pullets/hens
Silkied Ameraucana Split chickens (with written/known lineage/breeders, if possible)
BBS Ameraucana pullets/hens (prefer black or blue)
Bantam Mottled Cochin pullets/hens
WISH for: Black/Dark Blue Sumatra Roo
South American/Pacific land race/breeds such as Snowy Nikkei, Huastec or Black Quechua Olmec

It is the Antique Faire that is going on the same time, the music is not a concert or Jamboree, just local talent :)
I was just reading the intro and noted that there may be live music. Somewhere I remember hearing that Brownsville has a Jam/Musical Festival, the weekend of Chickenstock isnt the same weekend, is it? Just curious, as I havent been to the one in Sweet Home, but have tried to drive through Sweet Home during that time, Ugh! One in Brownsville might not be as big but its a small town and might be pretty crowded if something like that is going on.

Back
Top Bottom