Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I am looking for some Shamo or malay not really sure. Which of the two are taller? I have heard of them getting 33-36 inches tall that's what I am wanting is a very tall bird. Does anyone have anything available? I am not a big fan of black or dark chickens so would be interested in something with more color or lighter birds. Please send me a pm if you can help me out and tell me what you have.
Thanks
Nathan

Hi I 15 and I am new to BYC but not new to chickens (I have had them since I was like three). I raise Modern Games and I have a couple malay bantams that I got from a dishonest man who said they were good quality no defects etc. when really they had split wing.
barnie.gif
I did not realize they had split wing was at the time (stupid me). But, I love them and would love to find some show or breeder quality birds (or eggs). I love showing and I want to do my best to improve the breeds i own and from what i have heard about split wing, it is nearly impossible to breed out. My malays are some of my favorite chickens (and i have a lot o choose from :) and they are an amazing breed but like I said I LOVE to show and improve the breed which I really cant do with birds with DQ's. If anyone breeds or knows of anyone who breeds at least decent quality birds that I can work with (bantam or standard) please PM me. Thanks
yippiechickie.gif

I am looking for some Shamo or malay not really sure. Which of the two are taller? I have heard of them getting 33-36 inches tall that's what I am wanting is a very tall bird. Does anyone have anything available? I am not a big fan of black or dark chickens so would be interested in something with more color or lighter birds. Please send me a pm if you can help me out and tell me what you have.
Thanks
Nathan

Get Shamo most malay are mixed bred Pure ones are very rare.
They both get pretty tall fairly easily so pick which ever you like best.

Shamo & malay get an average 25 - 31 inches tall some get 32-33 inches tall.
Im sure there are some bigger ones around but they're not cheap.
Have seen Tall Shamo & malay at 31-33 in tall go for $300-$1,000 ea.

Good Luck with your search
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Get Shamo most malay are mixed bred Pure ones are very rare.
They both get pretty tall fairly easily so pick which ever you like best.

Shamo & malay get an average 25 - 31 inches tall some get 32-33 inches tall.
Im sure there are some bigger ones around but they're not cheap.
Have seen Tall Shamo & malay at 31-33 in tall go for $300-$1,000 ea.

Good Luck with your search
thumbsup.gif

Any idea where to find Shamo breeders in the south east? I prefer birds from poultry breeders instead of from a hatchery. I have heard many times you can't trust the purity in hatchery birds.

Back
Top Bottom