Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Question from someone with chickens but NOT involved with game fowl.

Why do you call the males stags instead of roosters/roos?

Thank you and I enjoy reading the thread and seeing the pics.

Stags are immature cocks. With gamefowl, males go from chicks, to stags, to bull stags, to cocks. Females go from chick to pullet, to hen. The term "roo" is not used by gamefowl people... ;)

So...what do I have here on the right. Was thinking maybe a madagascar with feathering....but I don't think so now. They just look different (esp the heads).

It has yellow legs (much yellower than it shows here) with a tinge of black running along the front.
The guy has madagascar, sumatra and cubalaya.

So...what do I have here on the right. Was thinking maybe a madagascar with feathering....but I don't think so now. They just look different (esp the heads).

It has yellow legs (much yellower than it shows here) with a tinge of black running along the front.
The guy has madagascar, sumatra and cubalaya.
Yea it looks like a madagascar with feathers probly if you have them with the sumatras and I once breed a black O-Shamo with a black sumatra and it had black in the front of the legs and yellow in the black but I see no cubalaya.

What do yall do in the winter with your hard feathered birds? Do any of you keep them on there Tie cords? and wrap plastic around your hens pens? This is my first year with hard feathered gamefowl and my secong year with Gamefowl! But since that is all I am going to be breeding and doind the rest of my life I need to LEARN!!!
THANKS

Rohr's Gamefowl

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom