Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

ALL MINE - NEAR PERFECT

Father:

Son:

Wait until you see the blue ginger I raised this year.
I've fallen in love with KO............

All these Ko 's are beautiful birds.
best station I have ever seen in orientals .
thanks for sharing those pictures of all of those
midgets but huge in personality birds ,congratulations to all the owners.

I was really enjoying this thread with all the great pictures of these majestic birds, but the chest thumping trash talk detracts from the thread, folks. And no I am not a moderator, just a bird fancier. If you see flaws, give us lurkers some CONSTRUCTIVE critique of pictured fowl, not just "yours stink mine are better".

I was really enjoying this thread with all the great pictures of these majestic birds, but the chest thumping trash talk detracts from the thread, folks. And no I am not a moderator, just a bird fancier. If you see flaws, give us lurkers some CONSTRUCTIVE critique of pictured fowl, not just "yours stink mine are better".
x 2. Thanks for that post.

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000] I do not know this person out of GA you speak of. I can assure you Suzann's has NEVER acquired Ko from GA.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=0000FF]Are you sure about that?  Ask Suzanne.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]BTW- Suzann's original imports also thru Blue Wheatens, Gingers, Blacks and Whites.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=0000FF][SIZE=10pt]To the best of my knowledge.  Suzanne's original birds were the "Brantly" birds.  They only produced wheatens.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF][SIZE=10pt]A later german importation yielded 2 pullets (I have pictures of them) that were crossed on "Brantly" males. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF][SIZE=10pt]A later importation is where the blue wheatens came from.  This may be where the whites and blacks and gingers came from as well.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF][SIZE=10pt]But don't take my word for it - get the info straight from the source.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Avian? Your selective reading and quotations are interesting to say the least. ??? I wouldn't even know where to start. Here is what I can tell you.

I speak to Suzann often.
I can tell you, from our conversations, she did not like the KO found in the states and so chose to import her own( her original imports); after which she only kept her import line, everything else(Ko wise) was moved off her yard as to not contaminate her import line.

Last edited:
On the eye color- the mature pair I started with have pearl eyes. Although when I got them they were red, they are pearl now. All the young birds from this year have pearl eyes at this point, those are pictures from spring. The eye color is very good but it takes some time to develop. Do any of your birds start with pearl eyes? I gave only raised the Ko and some Thai for one year, but they all started with red eyes and became pearl with age. I guess I assumed that was typical?

I can't speak for the Thai. With my Ko, I have learned how the eye color changes so I know, early on, what to cull and what to keep.

I don't want birds with RED or ORANGE eyes. The Japanese standard only allows gold or pearl eyes. UK calls for yellow or pearl. All else being equal, I am culling and breeding for only Pearl eyes in my birds.

Gallorojo, I liked your Wheaten. Very reminiscent of Carl's Line. How many chicks did you get your hen to hatch?

X3 yeah they ain't all that.

Back
Top Bottom