Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

LOL, Boles Asil are not Japs. In my opinion, Boles is used now days as nothing more than a gimmick to sell fowl. Back in the day he had both pure asil and asil x Ag crosses. After he died, everyone and their brother claimed to have a story how a buddy of theirs stole birds from his yard before it was destroyed. Anyway, believe what you will, but everyone knows a good story sells birds...lol! I've literally seen so many things over the years called "Boles" it's almost comical anymore.

Last edited:
cuda should know. hey, i read your article in the sppa bulletin about incubating versus hen raised and will try less incubation and more of the hens hatching their own. good article, by the way.

cuda should know. hey, i read your article in the sppa bulletin about incubating versus hen raised and will try less incubation and more of the hens hatching their own. good article, by the way.

For some reason the birds brooded by a hen are always better birds in just about every way........don't know why, but it seems to come out that way. I know why they are disease resistant, but their body form just seems better too.

Walt

For some reason the birds brooded by a hen are always better birds in just about every way........don't know why, but it seems to come out that way. I know why they are disease resistant, but their body form just seems better too.

Walt

I venture to say it is due to just an overall better incubation process and the devlopment of the embryo is just more stable and right on cue for each stage during the incubation. Nothing works as good as Mother nature's machines all of the others are man-made and are not perfect.
smile.png

I've watched each of the last 3 mornings here and its been 35*/34*/34* all 3 mornings with frost on the pumkins here which is rare for this southern area this time of the year. Anyway I havea gamexcross Momma hen and her 11-one week olds with nothing more than their flight feathers and a few tail feathers on them. They are right out there bright and early scratching with momma hen and the big boys and girls waiting for me to bring them a scoop of feed to eat ever mornin'. I said elsewhere if these had been some kinda high falutin' Buff rocks or Citron Duucles worth any money at all they would be found frozen stiff, LOL but thats not the whole case, as I'm sure if they were those mentioned above or any other high bred types and they were set on and hatched by a Momma hen they would probly be as tough, or almost as hardy. Genetics too, does play a part in this as these wee ones fore-fathers do come from a long line of naturally selected survivors I captured running rouge/feral in the swamps of the Atchafalaya river basin a few years back.

Jeff

"boles asil"
is kinda like saying "hatch"... it used to mean something.
now you see white legged hatch, yellow legged hatch, green legged hatch, pea or straight comb, heck I even saw one rosecomb bird that the guy claimed was "McClean Hatch"

Back
Top Bottom