Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Hello all, gorgeous birds here!
I got this 6 month old stag as 1/2 Shamo/1/2 Asil. Honestly, I would like input as to whether that's what he looks like to you all and if he's worth breeding to some Shamo girls. I've located some really nice Shama girls but if he'd be better as a pet (tame as a puppy to people) then i can attempt to locate a nice Shamo male for the girls. Would appreciate any input or help.

How big is he ?
He looks good and healthy if the size are similar Ill put him over the shamos .
What kind of aseel is his other half , is he other half chu shamo or O shamo ?

HM, that's interesting. Very beautiful. But I think I'm seeing some Bankiva blood in there. I'd have someone second that, they'll give you a better guess. I would try to get some pure birds to breed, but that's just me, and for the breed.

Hello all, gorgeous birds here!
I got this 6 month old stag as 1/2 Shamo/1/2 Asil. Honestly, I would like input as to whether that's what he looks like to you all and if he's worth breeding to some Shamo girls. I've located some really nice Shama girls but if he'd be better as a pet (tame as a puppy to people) then i can attempt to locate a nice Shamo male for the girls. Would appreciate any input or help.

Nice looking bird and welcome to the group!

Gallo, I'm not sure I'm measuring height correctly, he's 27 3/4 " at the top of his comb when he's standing like in the pictures. Not sure if comb should be counted in the measurements though. And he's 5 lbs 9 ounces. I'm feeding him a lot of variety, only had him 2-3 wks. I don't know what kind of Asil or Shamo he is, I may be able to find out (or not if he's not nicely bred).
Fowlsessed, i'll have to go look up Bankiva :) I would like to end up with nice Shamo, I just put 3 Asil girls in with this boy just for company. I'm leaning towards finding a nice Shamo for the girls.
Is this boy is too small for 6 months ?
Thanks all.

For breeding, if you like height, go for the shamo. If you like game, choose the asil. If you like fancy style, pick a Thai. Or if you want muscular body, cross him with a Vietnam ganoi.

His spur is a corn size already and he weight is less than 6 lbs. I project after 1 yr, he will mature to be about 7lbs at the max. This is big or small .. then it all depends on what your preference is.

It's height, weight and muscular build I like best. I'll probably look for a Shamo for the girls, surely over the winter i can find one. I like the Ganoi very much, impressive. I have no idea where I'd ever find one. I've got a huge variety of birds but it's always the Orientals that I keep going back to read more about, so much personality.

Hey , i just posted a new thread on the "All Game" show in Atlanta (actually Newnan,Georgia - southwest part of Atlanta ) .... i hit new thread thinking i was changing subjects (lol) but if you will go over and look , if you can send this on to the other Game Threads i would appreciate it .
I don't think i can do that ... to old and wore out .
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom