Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I've noticed people referring to 'bantam shamo' on the thread here. Are they referring to chu-shamo? The only Shamo that I have heard of in Ireland are Oshamo, Chu-shamo and Ko Shamo.

"Bantam Shamo" are miniatures of the O-shamo. A different breed form the others. I'm not sure where they first developed and where all they've spread, someone will comment before long.

Quote:
You just missed out my sales (in early Oct.) If you check with the folks on web ganoi, then you will know who i am and which bird I had shipped.

I've noticed people referring to 'bantam shamo' on the thread here. Are they referring to chu-shamo? The only Shamo that I have heard of in Ireland are Oshamo, Chu-shamo and Ko Shamo.

NO, No its misinformation! You are correct in your understanding of the 3 breeds.

The Bantam Shamo is an Western or American concoction, much like the Tuzo. There is NO such thing as a BANTAM SHAMO in Japan.

Ah right, thanks for that. Speaking of Tuzo, I'm collecting my Tuzo next week!!! I can't wait. I had two lines of Tuzo that were killed by a mink and I've been trying to source new birds for two years!

Quote:
You just missed out my sales (in early Oct.) If you check with the folks on web ganoi, then you will know who i am and which bird I had shipped.
So much to read there if i've got the right website. Those birds are extrordinary looking-I like them a lot. It's just my luck I missed the sale :-/ I've got these 3 Asil girls I'd like opinions on. I don't want to be a pain but I do want to learn. I'm going to go with Shamo (slowly) so won't be keeping these girls. The Mottled sisiters are around 6 mo (just getting ready to lay) and the BBR (correct?) is 18 months. The 2 Mottleds got into it pretty bad as soon as they got here, I wasn't surprised but have separated them. Any thoughts on if the guy was being upfront on them being Asils?

Does anyone here keep Thai gamefowl? I've been offered a pair. I have no experience with the breed. What are people's opinions of them?

Back
Top Bottom