Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I remember back in the legal days several of the top cockers found that using pullets produced their best Warriors ...... they were using the pullets with mature cocks . Also heard this done in reverse .
I've also heard that young chickens are at their best reproductive stage (young hens/pullets and bull stag) they will posess in their lifetime .

Nothing wrong with waiting for maturity especially if one has plenty of fowl and resourses ...... being careful never hurts one at all .

Just remember there are Exceptions in everything ....... just hang around long enough and you will see it .
What you refer to is known as the Rolling Mating System; it is a very old traditional farm method of breeding: cocks with pullets; stags with hens. There are several variations on this system; including the use of mature hens and cocks only.

Among the very best Oriental breeders, in the States and in their homelands, any system which utilized such young fowl was never used or recommended.

Traditionally among Asil breeders cocks were never used before they were 4 years of age with many waiting until the cocks were 6 years old.

I just put 6 more eggs of the Ko Shamo Asil bantam mix in the incubator with the pure Ko Shamo eggs. I will see how they hatch this time. I am hoping to eventually get them to hatch. So far I am zero out of 8 eggs on the pure Ko Shamo. I have 3 that are suppose to hatch on 1/14. I have my fingers crossed on them.

I just candled the 3 Ko Shamo eggs. All 3 showed good blood vessel development so I have my fingers crossed that at least one will hatch from these on the 14th.
Mark

nice, doesn't look like the 2 I had in the bator are gonna hatch. and only 3 of the mixed ko hatched, but one didn't make it.

4ehuryhu.jpg
ady5a3ev.jpg

This pair was gifted to me a year ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
There are several oriental fowl fanciers on here, I am sure they will join in. I am fairly new to orientals, but very much enamored by them. I am working on brazilians myself. They are a breed that was created and perfected quite a while back. They are a combination of Shamo, Thai and Spanish Fowl. Some have Asil in them as well. I am very small time with them, keeping a dozen or so at the moment.

Some young ones from this year.
herbs_two.JPG

white_gold.JPG

white_gold2.JPG

black_white2.JPG

blue_red.JPG

golden21.JPG

A couple young ones I picked up this year, for next year.

cuzz2.JPG

buzz5.JPG

A few adult breeders.
golden2.JPG

Last years pullet. I will get better pics of her later, she is a little rough from the breeding pen at the moment.
golden_stag.JPG

Last years stag. Going to use him next year.

Here is a bird that isnt mine. I used him for a short time, he belongs to a friend from Arkansas.
Braz_Stag2.JPG

Hi would you sell some chicks shipped to Denver Colorado I can't find anyone who has any here please help I just don't want to order from a hatchery

Back
Top Bottom