Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

The odd thing to this mating is the cockerel was wheaten and all the pullets were blue laced and dun laced. None of the pullets came out blue or dun. As you can see 3 came out a wheaten pattern and the rest a dark partridge pattern. I cockerel did come out blue wheaten. I am crossing these back to my dun Ko Shamo cockerel and maybe get some chocolate out of them.
Mark
What was the purpose of this cross? And who did you get your bantam Asil from to make it since I'm like the only person that has any this side of the Missip.? At least real one's that is.

What was the purpose of this cross? And who did you get your bantam Asil from to make it since I'm like the only person that has any this side of the Missip.? At least real one's that is.

there was no real purpose for the cross. I only have one Ko Shamo pullet. I have three Ko Shamo Cockerels. I just put the extra cockerels in with some of my other bantams hens to see what would come out of them. The bantam Asil rooster I got from a man several years ago. He raised game chickens and his daughter raised show chickens. My daughter went there to buy some of his daughters birds. I road there with her. My daughter bought some of the show chickens and the man was showing me some of the game chickens he had for sale. He had one bantam Asil rooster. He said it was 4 or 5 years old and was the only one left that he once had. He did not say where he got it from. He had a lot of game chickens. Mostly American Games. He did have some American Game bantams also. I bought the Asil bantam from him but a hawk got him back in December. They were bad here this winter. I had to put all my chickens up because of them. I am going to keep breeding the pullets from the cross back to the pure Ko Shamo. I will not be selling any of these to anyone. These are my own personal project that I am playing with.

your a hoot Saladin
I don't understand what's funny? I was actually being serious for once.
big_smile.png

there was no real purpose for the cross. I only have one Ko Shamo pullet. I have three Ko Shamo Cockerels. I just put the extra cockerels in with some of my other bantams hens to see what would come out of them. The bantam Asil rooster I got from a man several years ago. He raised game chickens and his daughter raised show chickens. My daughter went there to buy some of his daughters birds. I road there with her. My daughter bought some of the show chickens and the man was showing me some of the game chickens he had for sale. He had one bantam Asil rooster. He said it was 4 or 5 years old and was the only one left that he once had. He did not say where he got it from. He had a lot of game chickens. Mostly American Games. He did have some American Game bantams also. I bought the Asil bantam from him but a hawk got him back in December. They were bad here this winter. I had to put all my chickens up because of them. I am going to keep breeding the pullets from the cross back to the pure Ko Shamo. I will not be selling any of these to anyone. These are my own personal project that I am playing with.
I was just curious.
I would like to see a picture of the bantam Asil if you have one.
If you could get someone to pick you up a couple of really good Kos from the Stockton Show this weekend and ship them to you then I think you'd find your breeding program would advance by a league or so.

I was just curious.
I would like to see a picture of the bantam Asil if you have one.
If you could get someone to pick you up a couple of really good Kos from the Stockton Show this weekend and ship them to you then I think you'd find your breeding program would advance by a league or so.

I don't have a picture of him. I went through my pictures last month and deleted a bunch of old ones and I checked and the ones I had of him was some that got deleted. Wish I had the money to get some new birds right now but I don't. I just hope I can finally get my Ko Shamo eggs to hatch in the incubator. I have been chopping up lettuce and greens and feeding it to my hen in hopes of strengthening her up some and making the eggs hatch better. I have 3 eggs that are suppose to hatch on the 14th. I am keeping my fingers crossed on them.

You'd be much better off just adding alfalfa pellets or rabbit pellets (watch out for the salt on these) to the feed. Most greens are nothing but water (especially if from the store: from your backyard would be different unless you water).

If you are having trouble with the Ko eggs in the incubator then give them to a broody hen of a good fluffy butt chicken. That should improve your hatchability. If it doesn't then there is a nutrition or genetic problem. If it does improve then the problem is with the incubator not the feed.

This is the only way to tell really.

You'd be much better off just adding alfalfa pellets or rabbit pellets (watch out for the salt on these) to the feed. Most greens are nothing but water (especially if from the store: from your backyard would be different unless you water).

If you are having trouble with the Ko eggs in the incubator then give them to a broody hen of a good fluffy butt chicken. That should improve your hatchability. If it doesn't then there is a nutrition or genetic problem. If it does improve then the problem is with the incubator not the feed.

This is the only way to tell really.

I will get some of the pellets this week when I go to the feed store and give it a try.
My problem with the big fluffy hens is all I have is bantams. My largest bantams are some cornish bantam hens. I had the Ko Shamo eggs in the incubator with some other eggs. The other eggs hatched. None of the Ko Shamo eggs did. I have set 2 settings of the Ko Shamo eggs. All were fertile and started developing. For some reason they stopped around day 10 to 12 on both settings. I have the 3rd setting in the incubator right now plus a 4th. I have some other eggs in the incubator also so I will be able to see if it is the incubator or the Ko Shamo eggs themselves.

Bad year for me so far. I just went to Vietnam before X-mas. At that time I had about 20 ganoi chicks, one to two month old. Upon returning, my partner informed me that the power went out one day and heat lamp went off... so did the chicks. Back to square one !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom