Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

She has become quite the little spitfire towards the other hens lately as she's matured. She was once timid, but she now holds her ground. I can't get over how thick and heavy she feels-she feels heavier to me even than the cockerel! She is just a solid chunk of muscle. One of these days I'm going to have to actually weigh her to see how much she really is.

Well my medical problems are starting to flare up again and it looks like I am going to have to downsize my bantam chicken flock. If anyone lives around East Tennessee and would like some Oriental Bantams send me a PM. I am getting rid of everything except my Ko Shamo and my Ko Shamo crosses.
Mark

Well a hawk just got the last bantam I had running around the yard freerange. I had around 30 of them back in September but the hawks have been so bad around here this winter they have wiped them all out. I have shot three of them but more come and take their place. They have even killed several of my birds through the wire pens. I had to put up smaller wire around my pens so they could not get to my birds through it.

Well a hawk just got the last bantam I had running around the yard freerange. I had around 30 of them back in September but the hawks have been so bad around here this winter they have wiped them all out. I have shot three of them but more come and take their place. They have even killed several of my birds through the wire pens. I had to put up smaller wire around my pens so they could not get to my birds through it.
That's a real shame. We started a nutralization process several years ago and that has kept the numbers at bay. Never the less, I keep a .22Mag close at hand and I enjoy sitting out side with coffee in the early morning (weather permitting) and if a perp is in the area, it will frequently take a watchful stand in the top of a tall, partially dead white oak tree. Big mistake.

That's a real shame. We started a nutralization process several years ago and that has kept the numbers at bay. Never the less, I keep a .22Mag close at hand and I enjoy sitting out side with coffee in the early morning (weather permitting) and if a perp is in the area, it will frequently take a watchful stand in the top of a tall, partially dead white oak tree. Big mistake.

I have close neighbors and I live right beside a church so I have to place my shots well so I don't hit anything. There is always something here trying to kill my chickens. One predator or another so I always have my gun handy. Mostly my shotgun because of the closeness of the neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom