Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

First time in the snow. They hated it and immediately went back into the coop. You can tell the cockerel was unsure about the whole ordeal because he kept his tail all pinched up, especially in the first picture. I've noticed that when he feels confident and comfortable, his tail is spread and sweeping. When he is afraid or uncomfortable, he keeps it pinched up.
The pullet finally started laying. She lays a medium sized, light beige egg with large white speckles. A very strange color. They're not calcium deposits, but flat patches of apparently white pigment. I thought that it was a first egg oddity, but every egg since then has been the same. She lays about 5 eggs a week.

Last edited:
First pullet at the APA Ko qualifying meet at Stockton CA.

Third pullet

Walt

1st and 3rd! Very nicely done Walt. Its was a great show and some very STIFF competition from all the breeders. But in the end, Suzann's efforts, organizing the Ko Shamo qualifier, stole the show and so did her EXCELLENT Ko entrees...and rightfully so!

So do you recall whose pullet got 2nd place?????? Me!
celebrate.gif
Kinda funny I think...Lol.

1st and 3rd! Very nicely done Walt. Its was a great show and some very STIFF competition from all the breeders. But in the end, Suzann's efforts, organizing the Ko Shamo qualifier, stole the show and so did her EXCELLENT Ko entrees...and rightfully so!

So do you recall whose pullet got 2nd place?????? Me!
celebrate.gif
Kinda funny I think...Lol.

Congrats....that was a strong class of pullets. I had 1 and 4 pullets. Didn't realize you had second. Suzann had 3rd....not sure who had 5th.

First and fourth pullet came from the babies in this picture.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom