Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Quote: Awesome!!! Thanks for the information.
I am considering getting some hens myself (already have enough roosters).
My dream has always to own a velociraptor farm. So perhaps this is as close as I can get for now.lol.

I am very strongly considering purchasing him.
He is going for a good price, for his pair. Or, I could buy some of his offspring, but not yet decided.

What do you guys think?
Cool!!!
I too am in Australia.
The rooster KILLED A FOX?!?!?!?!!!! That is awesome.
I defiantly want to get some hens of this breed (already have enough roosters).
Do you know if your friend would be up for posting eggs to NSW??? Do they post well???

Awesome!!! Thanks for the information.
I am considering getting some hens myself (already have enough roosters).
My dream has always to own a velociraptor farm. So perhaps this is as close as I can get for now.lol.

Cool!!!
I too am in Australia.
The rooster KILLED A FOX?!?!?!?!!!! That is awesome.
I defiantly want to get some hens of this breed (already have enough roosters).
Do you know if your friend would be up for posting eggs to NSW??? Do they post well???

Mate, the guy is in NSW and I was going to have them posted to QLD. He's somewhere in whoop-whoop. Where are you?

Yeah, killed a fox. They're pretty fair dingkum fighters.

This is the neck & head of a Vietnam Ga Noi Don, also referred as GaNoi. The Madagascar skin is naked but not as thick as the GaNoi. 2 decades ago, in VN there were plenty GaNoi of 3.5-4 kiogram. Nowaday, the popular weights goes down to 3-3.3 kilo. favoring speed and style. In US, many folks had imported GaNoi from Vietnam but the majority cockers had bought them and crossed with other breeds such as Thai, Pama, Aseel and here we now have a crossbreed called Saigon.
Oh that is good to know, thanks for the info. I will add Saigon to my list of game breeds/lines to read up on and try and get visual images on and locate possable breeders for future chicken raising. I find these naked necked oriental breeds cool.

So Ga Noi has thicker skin interesting. Do you know if they are a spured breed or spurless? I would imagine the Saigon is more variable on spurs?

Is that someones bird or just a pic off the net? It is totally scaleless.. .
It is probably a real chicken, over on one of the NN threads I just joined there is a recent post of pics of someones all naked hen. I guess every now and then these are born... (got to learn about them all know... lol, the chicken OCD strikes again!). No plucking chicken dinner! I believe some folks are working on a meat strain that is naked naked.

buck neckid imagine that aussie size with no wings and ga noi face
It would scare the hell out of any trespasser that is for sure! LOL. Put a few Bio-Hazard or Radiation signs & old faded, broken government agency keep out signs & warning trespassers may be eaten or maimed, danger do not enter, enter at own risk etc... and when Mega-Aussie-Dino Roo comes running by, your mad scientist rep will be safe, everyone in the next town would have government conspiracy stories in short order! LOL way cool.

It would scare the hell out of any trespasser that is for sure! LOL. Put a few Bio-Hazard or Radiation signs & old faded, broken government agency keep out signs  & warning trespassers may be eaten or maimed, danger do not enter, enter at own risk etc... and when Mega-Aussie-Dino Roo comes running by, your mad scientist rep will be safe, everyone in the next town would have government conspiracy stories in short order! LOL way cool. 
I can't find featherless chickens anywhere for sale or wingless I could start by crossing them with my moderns then later cross to something big

I can't find featherless chickens anywhere for sale or wingless I could start by crossing them with my moderns then later cross to something big
Neither could I, but here is what I did learn:

First check out Rudy on this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/301500/naked-neck-turken-thread/10660#post_13554577

I am thinking Wingless Birds & All Nakeds are mostely private projects (of which people don't say much publically) or University Projects.

Wingless... apparently you breed for smaller and smaller wings, you should get increased breast size and egg production, and since they can't fly no going over properly sized fences, since it seems the birds are average sized... 2 foot fence keeps them in, but for Aussie-Dino I would think 3 foot fence: Note I found a few science papers on mutations as well that have ocurred but they are way over my head. But these guys seem to have bred down the wing size.

Dr. R.T. Renwald line: (1929 article)

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/raises-chickens-without-wings/

Peter H. Buamann line: (1949 article)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...ajg_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=30wMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6630,346516

Naked Naked Birds what I found on that is birds carrying the NN dominant gene have less feathers than normal birds, if you select for only the least feathered birds adventually you start getting all Naked Birds.

Since the big boys are not doable at my current abode... a Ko-Shamo based crossing program might work for me, I could use the silkie/naked neck based "show girls" to introduce the NN genes and look for smaller sized NN game lines.

I think you would want to maintain either PP or PP/RR comb types so you get a cool dewlap but no wattles.

Back
Top Bottom