Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Well the chick search continues... the RJF where not JF some sort of fraud mix... the big ones looked like Cornish/Indian game mixed chicks to me and the little chicks looked like various bantam breed crosses to me (keep in mind they where all suppose to be the same aged chicks of the same breed), I know what RJF chicks should look at and the chicks where all wrong... not a single chick had the correct patterning, RIR should not look grey (not that I planed on that breed, I just noted wrong color for sure.) Also RJF don'e have black legs... silkies & sumatras do, but as I had no idea what the actual mix is I have no clue on final look, feather type... oriental gamish maybe but I want the birds to mature out on the small size, the coop is too small for big birds. I need birds that will mature to 4 lbs or less I think. I will try the Feed Store up the hill in the next county over this weekend, their birds were healthy (another issue I noted, way to many chicks dead, sick or in distress) and at least looked to be correctly IDed, last time I was there.

All I need is a couple smaller breed girls. I am really sad the RJF where fake though, I miss having them.

Well the chick search continues... the RJF where not JF some sort of fraud mix... the big ones looked like Cornish/Indian game mixed chicks to me and the little chicks looked like various bantam breed crosses to me (keep in mind they where all suppose to be the same aged chicks of the same breed), I know what RJF chicks should look at and the chicks where all wrong... not a single chick had the correct patterning, RIR should not look grey (not that I planed on that breed, I just noted wrong color for sure.) Also RJF don'e have black legs... silkies & sumatras do, but as I had no idea what the actual mix is I have no clue on final look, feather type... oriental gamish maybe but I want the birds to mature out on the small size, the coop is too small for big birds. I need birds that will mature to 4 lbs or less I think. I will try the Feed Store up the hill in the next county over this weekend, their birds were healthy (another issue I noted, way to many chicks dead, sick or in distress) and at least looked to be correctly IDed, last time I was there.

All I need is a couple smaller breed girls. I am really sad the RJF where fake though, I miss having them.

My fathers red jungle fowl pair stag and pullet, need to get a photo of the hen later

My fathers red jungle fowl pair stag and pullet, need to get a photo of the hen later
Wow! Those are nice, but can they walk the walk. I have one but he is mixed with Spanish blood.
1f612.png
I should say had, I gave him to my father inlaw.

Last edited:
Wow! Those are nice, but can they walk the walk. I have one but he is mixed with Spanish blood.
1f612.png
I should say had, I gave him to my father inlaw.

They are indian red jungle fowls, my father got them from a friend that has raised RJF all the way from Laos and he imported indian red jungle fowls to the states. My father was born in Laos so he knows what the real red jungles fowls look like, and the only thing he notice that was different was that the Indian red jungle fowls had white ear lobes while the Laos red jungle fowl does not.

If you want pure real red jungle fowls always buy from a breeder, hatcheries are no good. The red jungle fowls that hatcheries have are not real RJF they just look similar in size and color. If you want here is a group on facebook that raises pure red jungles fowls, some breeders on here will have crosses and look a likes too https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaibdee/. Join the page and seach for a guy name "kong vang" he has real pure red jungle fowls, he has laos RJF, Inidan RJF and hybrids of the too breeds still pure blooded RJF.

They are indian red jungle fowls, my father got them from a friend that has raised RJF all the way from Laos and he imported indian red jungle fowls to the states. My father was born in Laos so he knows what the real red jungles fowls look like, and the only thing he notice that was different was that the Indian red jungle fowls had white ear lobes while the Laos red jungle fowl does not.
Mine had the white lobes but yellow legs from what it was crossed with

I can't wait to see a pic of your RJF hen. I have one RJF hen and shes hatchery so it'll be interesting to see what a real one looks like.

Heres a couple Asil x Pumpkin Hulsey crosses while I wait.

Back
Top Bottom