Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Sarge,
#1) I would not agree that all hatchery stock is unpure, whatever that means. Depends on what breed, what hatchery, etc. I will say that most hatchery stock is selected along the lines of quantity over quality, and not always bred with an eye to the breed standard. Does not mean the stock is crossed, although in some cases, it may be.
#2) As for Sandhill, the Shamo they have LOOK LIKE shamo to my eye. A heavier bodied shamo for sure, but a definite version of shamo. It all depends what you want them for , as to if they are worth ordering. Their Shamo are 10x better than the "shamo" Ideal sells, I can tell you that. Their cubalaya are variable, but on the whole, much larger and more productive birds than what any other hatchery sells. I'd say the BB Reds are by far the best, the other colors will give more off types, some good ones, sure, but still the BB Reds are the best. The pyles I've seen had some of the same issues as JAT described for the white, since pyles are often bred from whites.

thanks! definatly puttin in an order now! DWs gettin her heavy layers and ill be gettin my orientals!!!

Paulo,
I like the bamboo drop pen in that last pic. Do you make those yourself? I bet it would take alot of time until you got it down pat. If I had alot, if any, more spare time, I would like to try my hand at it.

Paulo,
I like the bamboo drop pen in that last pic.  Do you make those yourself?  I bet it would take alot of time until you got it down pat.  If I had alot, if any, more spare time, I would like to try my hand at it. 

Clint,

I wish I had the skills, time and patience to learn that type of craft :) Those are not my birds, they are just examples. The bamboo drop pens seem to be common in mostly tropical areas of Asia and India. They are pretty cool.

if you grow the bamboo im sure it wouldnt take long to figger it out? lol i used to live near a bamboo grove where the local tras would try to grow their pot... i harvested almost a dz bamboo trees and made walking canes and fishin poles... if you get them green and split them right you can weve with them nicely!

I have seriously considered using bamboo for cages - it is lightweight, would make a nice statement when showing Asian type birds, and can be had for free. As with cage wire ALWAYS wear heavy gloves when working with splits. I would NOT use it outdoors in our climate, with our collection of predators.

I have 4 kinds of bamboo growing in my yard if anyone lives near me that wants some.
big_smile.png

Mark

Back
Top Bottom