Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Shamoman,

The spangled is a beautiful and athletic looking bird. I maybe totally wrong here but the photo makes him look long, lean, high stationed, fast headed, etc. Features that are more geared the Argentino rather than the Asil Argentino. I would like to clarify the differences as I, too, was once unaware of the two different breeds and differences.

I asked the question because the fowl you are calling Argentino Asil look more like Agentinos,; which are a different breed than the Asil Argentino and not Asils These are two different breeds. It’s a common subject of confusion as the Argentino has become recently popular in the states, mostly via Mexico. I am not an expert but this is what I have come to understand are some of the physical differences of the two breeds from conversations with others and personal experience. There performance and style is different too.

The Asil Argentino is 100% pure Asil. The Asil Argentino is short, stocky, downward sloping tail, wide blocky head, with heavy facial skin and obvious lump at the base of skull and has 3 clear rows of scales running down the shanks; and should look like a more compact version of a Rajah Murgh.

The Argentino is a lighter weight version of the “Brazilian” gamefowl type bird. They were the Argentinian national answer to the very successful Brazilian gamefowl. The Argentinos were created using light weight Shamo and (2-3lb) Spanish gamefowl. They are longer leg, leaner, higher stationed, mostly horizontal tails, smaller Bankiva type head and two rows of scales down the legs.

Sounds like you have crossed the two so its possible the F1's will fall somewhere in between the examples below. Again, beautiful healthy looking gamefowl. Best of luck with them.

Asil Argentino:

Argentinos Y Brasileros:

I must watch how I word it , these are argentios or brazillans like you say crossed with my Asil blood. Bird was awesome big and light

Back
Top Bottom