Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

To my knowledge there are none of them in the States.

They look to be Bantam Asil to me and not bad ones at that.
So they are Bantam Asil. I don't care I still like them and going to raise them.I bought them from a man in Georgia. I will still try to find me some long neck Ko Shamo in time. I love the ones SD_Paulo has. I hope to find some like those.

Mark

I will have to respectfully disagree with my friend Saladin here. Your little birds are not bantam Asil . Those birds are definitely Ko Shamo. They maybe aren't the best Ko, maybe they are still young, and, honestly the pictures are not very good, they don't do much to show them off. I will agree there are no " Chibi " or " Tosa Chibi" here in the states . Some European and apparently now some American breeders are calling the stockier, heavier line of Ko " Chibi". There are 2 genuine lines of Ko here in the States, the leaner, thinner type, and the heavier built type. Both types can match the Japanese standard if bred correctly and selected and culled right. There are a lot of junk Ko in the states, either crossed up mutts by people trying to make new colors, or, good lines ruined by peddlers selling every single chick they hatch for big bucks instead of raising them up and culling most out. They take a long long time to fully mature and develop. I will post pics of my fully mature 2+ yr cock , of the heavy built line. Some might call this a Chibi, but this is not a small bird, he's about 3 pounds!! I just consider this a different but correct strain of Ko.

Yes, my birds are young. He said they were 4 1/2 months old. They were scared of the camera and would not let me get good pics of them. I will try later and see if they calm down some since I just got them. Mine do look like your birds gallorojo, more stocky built.

I will have to respectfully disagree with my friend Saladin here. Your little birds are not bantam Asil . Those birds are definitely Ko Shamo. They maybe aren't the best Ko, maybe they are still young, and, honestly the pictures are not very good, they don't do much to show them off. I will agree there are no " Chibi " or " Tosa Chibi" here in the states . Some European and apparently now some American breeders are calling the stockier, heavier line of Ko " Chibi". There are 2 genuine lines of Ko here in the States, the leaner, thinner type, and the heavier built type. Both types can match the Japanese standard if bred correctly and selected and culled right. There are a lot of junk Ko in the states, either crossed up mutts by people trying to make new colors, or, good lines ruined by peddlers selling every single chick they hatch for big bucks instead of raising them up and culling most out. They take a long long time to fully mature and develop. I will post pics of my fully mature 2+ yr cock , of the heavy built line. Some might call this a Chibi, but this is not a small bird, he's about 3 pound

I agree 100% with You

if was gonna guess i'd say half Ko Shamo and half Tuzo(i'm talkin real Tuzo) ..... but i could probably be caught off base on it ....

Shannon

Last edited:
Those are sharp birds gallo. I didn't realize how young the other pictured birds were. I also don't raise Ko.

Y'all know I see Asil in everything. lol.

Back
Top Bottom