Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

My young pair. The male acts like the manliest guy on the block, but still has a pitiful baby crow. They are much heavier than I imagined they would from looking at them, the female especially. I'm really enjoying these guys, they've calmed down a lot towards me and will accept food from my hand. Dust bathing is comical, they are all legs for sure.

My young pair. The male acts like the manliest guy on the block, but still has a pitiful baby crow. They are much heavier than I imagined they would from looking at them, the female especially. I'm really enjoying these guys, they've calmed down a lot towards me and will accept food from my hand. Dust bathing is comical, they are all legs for sure.

Nice.........

Quote:
Hi Panda, I agreed with Cuda that this is not a Brazillian. There is a high posibility that he is an American game. You can tell that the tail curved high, this is not an Orientals tail and Brazillian is classified as Orientals. Although the comb was trimmed off. You can look at the mark on the top of his head. If is is small , then he has a pea comb. If it still raised high or really thick long, then he has a huge comb called Straight comb. American game is normally 4-6 lbs, when Orientals is normally 7-10 lbs. I doubt if your top rooster is 8-9 lbs.

I will try to weigh him if i can find my hanging scale. He is currently recuperating from a dog attack so i don't want to mess with him too much. His dub scar is pretty small, plus his hen has a little pea comb so i'm going to guess it was a pea comb.

Thanks both for your help!

Back
Top Bottom