Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Hi, I'm new here. Here is a picture of my top cock, a brazillian game fowl with his pretty little blue hen. He's tough as nails-- has fought off a coyote and sent him packing (although i had to amputate a toe afterwards) and survived a dog attack that killed almost 20 other birds. He once attacked his reflection in the fender of a truck and dented the fender. He's gentle as a lamb with humans though-- i can pick him up and snuggle him if i'm quick. His name is Yeti.

Here's a picture of his understudy-- a shamo cockerel about 7 months old. I'm not sure what the color pattern is called-- wheaten? I just lost his matching pullet in the dog attack, she was a gorgeous wheaten with really cool intricate etching like patterns on her wings. I'm pretty bummed out about that.

He stands over 2 feet tall when fully upright. These pictures were taken a couple of months ago, he's actually a little bigger now with more impressive plumage. I'll try to get some better shots.

I have a passion for game birds! They're so fearsome looking, but actually are really loving flock tenders. I love my birds to death.

Shamo (maybe) is not wheaten. On the pullet: wheaten is not laced (what you called etching).

My young pair. The male acts like the manliest guy on the block, but still has a pitiful baby crow. They are much heavier than I imagined they would from looking at them, the female especially. I'm really enjoying these guys, they've calmed down a lot towards me and will accept food from my hand. Dust bathing is comical, they are all legs for sure.

Handsome pair of young birds! Good luck with them!

Nice looking youngster!

Thanks Paulo! They are maturing nicely......

Heres the only stag I kept from this season. I linked the way he looked. I think the white will fade a little more as he matures

The last pics are brood stock. Roosters comb is too big , I know few other things need improvement. The first pics are offspring. Sarge all hens are about the same pictured . What I am wondering is if I should in breed or add something. I'm still clueless and going on looks. I like the looks of the new cock in first pic . He's got the game of his dad and will whip anything on my yard , even twice his size. I guess I'm looking for a standard of perfection.

Back
Top Bottom