Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

that is a beauty.i have bean trying to get a rooster like that.i live in florida maybe i can get babys sometime

How much Shamo is in your Malays?

The following info might have something to do with this or it might not ;

When they (oriental blood) came to USA they were commonly referred to as "Malay" ..... it was a few years before specific names were included like - Asil..... Shamo ..... Brazilian ..... Japs ..... Thais .... Ganoi .... and so on were used (even Boles noted this in some of his writings) .
One author stated that some Early very good oriental blood went out in USA that was only called Malay (actually was Shamo or Asil) . This later led to some confusion .

Just info for reference ........... not meant for correction or such .

Shannon

Last edited:
I haven't used any shamo in these birds. The big wheaton hen came from Will Roberts. The black bloodline came through Will, but I think came from a friend of his in Florida. I've talked to him about it, but don't remeber the name. The white bloodline came from Carl Brantley. I kept 6 pullets and two roosters from last years hatch and culled hard for what I wanted. I'm looking for tall and heavy birds with the proper characteristics of Malay. I'm pleased with my offspring this year and look forward to improving on next years hatch.

Could this be a Tuzo or a Bantam Shamo? It hatched out in some eggs I got earlier in the year that was suppose to be Ko Shamo. This bird is not a Ko Shamo.

He is 5 months old.

Back
Top Bottom