Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Th
Shamo that have a cushion comb have been crossed with Malay.
Thanks, that's what I suspected. I was DQ' ed at the Smithfield show because of the comb. I actually bumped into you in the parking lot on the way out . Didn't introduce myself properly. Quests I'll have to procure some pure stock if I plan on showing again.

Here are some update of my chickens.

This is the dad and mom

One of the offspring that I've kept. Probably around 5 or 6 months now.

This is an offspring of a ganoi that I gave away. Its the same age as the one above but a little heavier.

Got a question about Shamo, I bought some about a year ago and the stags seem to have a strawberry comb, is that normal or would Malay have been crossed in to get that comb. Seems I read somewhere that Shamo did come with a variety of combs. Could anyone shine some more light on this for me.

I would agree with Doc for the most part only because MOST Shamo in the US have been crossed with Thai, Asil or Malay. Best way for us to give you feedback would be to see the birds. I have a line of import Shamo that have a smooth comb that runs in the line. It's uncommon but happens in the line. There is a lot more to a SHAMO, form and function, than just a comb.

Here's a head shot. Not the best though.

anybody have any bantam asil they are willing to sell? chicks, eggs, adults or whatever, havin a hard time finding any near me

Vern,
I would agree with your instincts. I am not an expert but that bird has more Malay features hands down. They are health sounds looking birds!

Back
Top Bottom