Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

they look extra nice. corey line?

Thank you Cuba. Like Corey I have been looking for specific Tuzo for a while. Most look more Asil in type (station, wing carriage, etc.) and less like the Japanese fighting Nakin Shamo. Ironically, this line, was sitting right under my nose the whole time.

Last edited:
hello to everyone, kindly tell me, i have 8 oriental/asil chicks. they are 12 days old and all are ok perfectly fine. and their feathers are superb but one chick just grow only primary feathers, his/her not growing secondary feathers not a single one. chick is hyper active, eating food well, everything is good except feathers. all chicks are ok and all grow both primary secondary feathers.
here is a link of mom dad and babies, hatching day pix post 3674
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/566142/oriental-gamefowl-thread/3670#post_12608723

I thought he was large.

A bantam Asil cock (over 1 year of age) cannot weight over 1 3/4 lbs (give or take 20%). 3 lbs for a 9 month old is the size of a standard size Asil (Reza type which is the only type standardized). He is very nice looking though.
Hey Saladin, yeah i weighed him yesterday at 2 and 1/4 pounds. So i guess you can call him a "Miniature Asil"…. Thanks for the compliment!

I'm going to guess that he'll finish out between 3 and 4 lbs by the time he is two years old. If you really want the bantams you could get a small hen and put this fellow over her. It might still take a generation or two but that would retain his blood in the line. He is just an excellent looking bird.

You folks are gonna keep posting pics of these beautiful birds 'til I have to fulfill a long-time dream and buy one. All I want is one and I can give him some gals to play with. No bantams for me...Doesn't have to be the tallest bird in the world but I like those that are powerfully built.

I know...it's a dream but If I keep having it, I will get one eventually!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom