Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

They are big birds too from what I could tell 12 lb cocks... If you are going prehistoric why not go all out.
tongue.png

Oh thank God I have nothing ready for birds right now, found myself drooling at an auction site... a cock was already up to big $$$, looked like a nice roo.

But you know I would have to start a project with these too... so many options. They seem to have a very Malay body so I would probably want to work breeding for the body type, correct comb, and size and weight. Good muscle... too many cool breeds. I will have to choose, but these are now on my wish list for sure.

Lmfao a 12 lb. What? Hahaha funny post! They are cool I'm thinking about a tiny dino project crossing ko shamo with modern game bantam then to featherless naked chickens dino head upright walking naked dino bantams lol
They are big birds too from what I could tell 12 lb cocks... If you are going prehistoric why not go all out. :p

Oh thank God I have nothing ready for birds right now, found myself drooling at an auction site... a cock was already up to big $$$, looked like a nice roo. 

But you know I would have to start a project with these too... so many options.  They seem to have a very Malay body so I would probably want to work breeding for the body type, correct comb, and size and weight. Good muscle... too many cool breeds. I will have to choose, but these are now on my wish list for sure.

Are you sure? I remember thinking to myself that it didn't look much like a Malay (then again I am no game bird expert). It had the legs of this fella^^^, but bigger spurs. The body, chest and neck were bigger though. A Well filled out and a very nice looking bird.
I found them!!! These are the birds I was looking for (just a different colour). Large Australian Game.
Wow... someone thought bigger was better LOL. Impressive birds, I love the leg on them. I found some info on the breed: (In no way am I suggesting fighting birds is okay, it is just the facts of their history). The Australian Game was developed in the 19th century in the state of New South Wales, Australia. They were originally bred for cockfighting and meat production, and developed from a mix of Australian Pit Game, Malay Game,Old English Game, Modern Game and Asil. (Bred for performance so a right good mix of breeds). They were originally called Colonials and they were highly prized as they possessed great courage and stamina in the pit. However, they were reported to be gentle and tame towards their owners. Their Malay background meant that they were quite leggy and as that was highly regarded at the time they were highly prized. It is now a popular exhibition bird. I want some dino-birds. Wow they are cool.
So, as an Aussie myself, I can tell you about the Large Australian Game. Even this week, I was discussing my friend's Large Australian Game with him. He is 12 pounds, very tall. Recently, he legitimately cornered a fox in the pen and killed it. He is very big, and very VERY powerful.
I am very strongly considering purchasing him.
He is going for a good price, for his pair. Or, I could buy some of his offspring, but not yet decided.
What do you guys think?

So, as an Aussie myself, I can tell you about the Large Australian Game.

Even this week, I was discussing my friend's Large Australian Game with him. He is 12 pounds, very tall. Recently, he legitimately cornered a fox in the pen and killed it. He is very big, and very VERY powerful.

He is going for a good price, for his pair. Or, I could buy some of his offspring, but not yet decided.

What do you guys think?
I agree you should buy them and then send them to me for fathers day lol jk

So, as an Aussie myself, I can tell you about the Large Australian Game.

Even this week, I was discussing my friend's Large Australian Game with him. He is 12 pounds, very tall. Recently, he legitimately cornered a fox in the pen and killed it. He is very big, and very VERY powerful.

What do you guys think?
He looks and sounds like a good bird... but I know zip about Aussie Games, just what I could find on net, he looks like a golden?

Lmfao a 12 lb. What? Hahaha funny post! They are cool I'm thinking about a tiny dino project crossing ko shamo with modern game bantam then to featherless naked chickens dino head upright walking naked dino bantams lol
A micro project would be good... serriously I keep tripping over big weights for certain breeds.

13 lb Cocks for Jersey Giants
12 lb Cocks Brahmas

But I would think you would be lucky to get 9 to 9.5 on a game cock... but I found a SOP for these Madagascar that said 12 lbs (seems high to me too)... but a worthy goal! LOL

Another great head shot:

Last edited:

Is there a name for this color? The parents appear spangled, but apparently there's some different genetics hiding in them. This cockerel has white on his chest/neck but the rest of him is an odd bluish khaki. He was the only chick to hatch looking like this.

He looks and sounds like a good bird... but I know zip about Aussie Games, just what I could find on net, he looks like a golden?

To be fair, I don't know much about Aussies either at the moment. For colour in shows, is does not matter, it's all about everything else.

I agree you should buy them and then send them to me for fathers day lol jk

Well, where are you located? 9 chicks going for a pretty good deal. PM me? Haha, you even in the same country?

They are big birds too from what I could tell 12 lb cocks... If you are going prehistoric why not go all out. :p

But you know I would have to start a project with these too... so many options.  They seem to have a very Malay body so I would probably want to work breeding for the body type, correct comb, and size and weight. Good muscle... too many cool breeds. I will have to choose, but these are now on my wish list for sure.

From my research, and talking to the breeders, I would say that Malay would make up the biggest percentage of the Australian Game, and then maybe Aseel (Asil). Realistically, you can see similarities between them and Aseels, Moderns, and Malays, all of which make up this breed of super game.

I really really want him, but already needing to get rid of some Roosters. I also have a delivery of Aseels soon.

A micro project would be good... serriously I keep tripping over big weights for certain breeds. 13 lb Cocks for Jersey Giants 12 lb Cocks Brahmas But I would think you would be lucky to get 9 to 9.5 on a game cock... but I found a SOP for these Madagascar that said 12 lbs (seems high to me too)... but a worthy goal! LOL Another great head shot:
God the Ga Noi is so fantastically ugly. They are from Vietnam. I hear that they are similar to an Aseel, being 3kg, which is about 6.5-7 pounds.

God the Ga Noi is so fantastically ugly. They are from Vietnam.

I hear that they are similar to an Aseel, being 3kg, which is about 6.5-7 pounds.
LOL beauty to me... I love the look of the eye... forget the dog, Beware the Raptorsaurus in the yard.

I think the Madagascar AKA Malgache is bigger then the Ga Noi from what I can tell, (like the net tells the truth... but it seems the bigger numbers are associated with them rather than the VN birds). There are also several lines of game fowl from North & South America and an Indian one too with these NN traits, tripped over them on the net too. I bet if you had one these running around the yard everyone would think it was a mad science experiment and not try and sell you stuff on your porch, mail man might not deliver the mail though too.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom