Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Are u sure they are cockerels and if u want me to capture anything to make sure because some people tell me they are pullets and others tell me that the both are cockerels . Would anybody ensure me what gender they are ????? !!!!!!
Take better head shots. If they are only 4 months old and already have small red combs I can almost assure they are cockerels. My pullets do not develop a red comb till they are a month or so from laying which is normally 8+ months old. Also I just think they look male .. .
As for breed I have only seen beards on Thai. Maybe they are a mix, I don't know.
I say take good head and leg and feet pics and post them.

I was not even referring to you in any of my statements, nor was I addressing you. So since the person that I was talking to doesn't mind talking to me in pm's, that is the media I will use to correspond with him in the future.

I am not sure what I did to cause you to attack me, but I can assure you it won't happen again, since I no longer feel that reading this thread is worth my time.........

My apologies if you feel that I attacked you...it was not my intention. You know it's easy to misunderstand or misread what another person intends to relay in a message.

Again, I ask for your forgiveness. My intent was to complement another person (Troyer) for his deep knowledge of oriental and other game-type birds.

Your friend is sport

Turk

Last edited:
Take better head shots. If they are only 4 months old and already have small red combs I can almost assure they are cockerels. My pullets do not develop a red comb till they are a month or so from laying which is normally 8+ months old. Also I just think they look male .. .
As for breed I have only seen beards on Thai. Maybe they are a mix, I don't know. 

I say take good head and leg and feet pics and post them.

Here are the shots u asked for.

Okay I need some help on the value of birds. Later I will probably be selling a pair of aseel/sumatra birds(very aggressive) what is an appropriate price? I've never dealt with orientals before so need help. Thanks in advance..

I look at the pix of the 2 birds, the feather coloring plus their tiny combs suggested these 2 are pullets. Currently I say there are 80% these are pullets but if they grow older and the combs get huge then .. you will see better if the Male sex shows. Some breeds do have smaller comb or some breeds have female color on male. For me, the comb for the white is ways too small to be a male.

However, since both birds are full feather now, the BEST way to tell their sex is the feather on the back, not the feet, not the head. If the owner can show their back feather, then we all can tell 100% sure (assuming these are regular chickens, not Hennie type).

I look at the pix of the 2 birds, the feather coloring plus their tiny combs suggested these 2 are pullets. Currently I say there are 80% these are pullets but if they grow older and the combs get huge then .. you will see better if the Male sex shows. Some breeds do have smaller comb or some breeds have female color on male. For me, the comb for the white is ways too small to be a male.

However, since both birds are full feather now, the BEST way to tell their sex is the feather on the back, not the feet, not the head. If the owner can show their back feather, then we all can tell 100% sure (assuming these are regular chickens, not Hennie type).
They are only 4 months old. No pullet I have ever seen at 4 months has red color to their comb, also at 4 months the comb on a pullet would not be so pronounced. I realize that the combs are tiny but I'm going off of what he said that they are only 4 months and the comb on a pullet that young would not even be that pronounced. They would be to young and not have any hackle feathers at 4 months if cockerel but they would have tiny red combs .. .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom