Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pretty birds there! It's amazing what them roosters will take from a hen. Even naked, you can tell he's a nice bird. But the color on him is so pretty.

Pretty birds there! It's amazing what them roosters will take from a hen. Even naked, you can tell he's a nice bird. But the color on him is so pretty.

Thanks! Orientals are bad for pecking at each other. Some of my bantam roosters look like Madagascars right now where the hens have pecked all their neck feathers off. I have given them high protein feed mixed with high protein cat food and that still has not stopped them from pecking the feathers out. My hens have just developed a taste for feathers and I can't find nothing to stop them. They are not over crowded in their pens.

A Malay pair and Malay chicks I got yesterday. The stag is in rough shape. The hen has pecked a lot of his feathers out. I put them in a large pen by themselves so I hope that stops. The stag is 10 months old and the hen is a little over a year. The stag is wheaten in color and the hen is red pyle so I will get both colors out of the chicks.
sadly the hens tend to be feather eaters...

One year old hen feathered Asil/Saipan cross stag.
the only hen feather stag my black hen feather stag has thrown so far. Love the way their tails fan out.

Last edited:
interesting, enjoy it while it lasts I would say. That is if there is another meaning than the one we seem to know for dunghill=non-game, if not no worries they will continue to cohabitate
I used the term dunghills because neither of the birds have a known lineage. Both are tested and are up to par. Lineage is just unknown.

If they weren't game we wouldn't be having this conversation. They would've been soup.
Do you really think being a feather puller has anything to do with gameness? Maybe it does....

Addendum: Actually, she seems to be a fine looking hen ...otherwise, I might take even stronger actions and I have.

Last edited:
Use a high quality dog nail trimmer and remove about one quarter inch of her upper beak.. Should stop her nonsense...You might give her some raw meat if trimming the beak seems too radical but either way...I'd not stand for that BS.
You are so right I just hate doing it. so I just keep them away from my stags unless they are being bred.

Back
Top Bottom